Architecture Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of
assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more
information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or
your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
The successful candidate will be expected to . This assignment may
include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes,
weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Possession of a valid credential, with authorizes the full-time
teaching of sign language at the California community college
- Any bachelor’s degree and two years work experience in sign
- Any associate’s degree and six years work experience in sign
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience,
and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to
the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who
feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must
an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be
included with the completed form.
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic,
socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the
position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time
limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any
Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills,
motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using
multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with
colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13295
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to