Medical Terminology, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of
assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more
information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or
your college HR office.
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This assignment requires instruction in a full range of Medical
Terminology. The assignment will be based on the successful
applicant's experience, background, and institutional need.
This that may include teaching at other campus sites, day or
evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning,
and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Education and Experience:
- Any Bachelor’s degree AND two years of professional
- Any Associate degree AND 6 years of professional
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience,
and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to
the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who
feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and
submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form.
Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
- Currently licensed in the State of California as a Physician,
Physician’s Assistant, Registered Nurse OR Paramedic.
- Two years of academic or clinical experience in emergency
medicine or pre-hospital care in the last five (5) years
- Documented proof of at least 40 hours of education and
experience in methods, materials and evaluation of instruction by
either of the following methods:
- State Fire Marshal Instructor Course 1A and 1B
- National Fire Academy’s Instructional Methodology
- National Association of EMS Educators Course
AND - A demonstrated sensitivity to students with
diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening
committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the
number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications
for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are
broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline.
In addition, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate
the following knowledge and abilities:
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in
an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and
service to diverse student population;
• Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of
skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
• Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via
• Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities
with local schools, colleges and universities;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
• Ability to maintain subject matter currency;
• Ability to assess student, program, and institutional learning
• Knowledge of computers and willingness to adopt new technologies
that support student success.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the California Community College
• Ability to provide leadership in program and college
• Ability and willingness to participate effectively in college
committee work and in co curricular and extra-curricular
activities that support students and the college.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is
filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or
reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization
to work in the United States. Work authorization should be
established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13197
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to