Computer Information Systems Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of
assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave eligible.
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
The successful candidate will be expected to This assignment may
include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes,
weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple
Education and Experience:
Any Bachelor’s degree AND
two years of
- Any Associate degree AND
years of professional experience;
- Possession of a valid credential, which
authorizes the full-time teaching of Electronics at the California
Community College level;
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of
education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may
be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this
position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent
submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
Supporting documents must be included with the completed
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with
diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills,
motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using
multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with
colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13788
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to