Construction Technology, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of
assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more
information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or
your college HR office.
Prorated Sick leave.
This position is eligible for the ACA health benefits at employee
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff assignments
during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Education and Experience:
Any bachelor’s degree and
two years of
professional experience, or
any associate degree
six years of professional experience.
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of
education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may
be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these
positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent
qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
Supporting documents must be included with the completed
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with
diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are
broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline.
In addition, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate
the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in
an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and
service to a diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of
skills, motivations, academic, and vocational goals;
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered
via different modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation
activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new
technologies that would benefit the program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Industrial and/or high school agriculture experience.
- Ability to provide leadership within the discipline and college
initiatives to improve student learning.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with college
committees and other organizations and to be involved in
co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is
filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or
reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization
to work in the United States. Work authorization should be
established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13786
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to