Emergency Medical Services, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of
assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more
information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or
your college HR office.
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This assignment requires instruction in a full range of Emergency
Medical courses and serving as the Program Director and/or Clinical
Coordinator. The assignment will be based on the successful
applicant's experience, background, and institutional need.
This that may include teaching at other campus sites, day or
evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning,
and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and
articulation emergency medical courses; maintaining subject matter
currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and
multimedia technology; assessing student learning and program
learning outcomes; collegial participation in department, college,
and discipline-specific professional activities, serving on Kern
County Emergency Medical committees, maintaining requirements of
agencies including but not limited to LEMSA, National Registry,
American Heart Association and CoAEMSP.
Education and Experience:
- Any Bachelor’s degree AND two years of professional
- Any Associate degree AND 6 years of professional
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience,
and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to
the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who
feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and
submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form.
Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
- Currently licensed in the State of California as a Physician,
Physician’s Assistant, Registered Nurse OR Paramedic.
- Two years of academic or clinical experience in emergency
medicine or pre-hospital care in the last five (5) years
- Documented proof of at least 40 hours of education and
experience in methods, materials and evaluation of instruction by
either of the following methods:
- State Fire Marshal Instructor Course 1A and 1B
- National Fire Academy’s Instructional Methodology
- National Association of EMS Educators Course
AND - A demonstrated sensitivity to students with
diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening
committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the
number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications
for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills,
motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communication effectively, both orally and in
- Knowledge simulation equipment, computers and willingness to
experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with
colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning, and
service for students
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Knowledge of the course content of the U.S. Department of
Transportation Emergency Medical Services Education Standards DOT
HS 811 077A January 2009
- Record of successful teaching experience
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is
filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or
reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization
to work in the United States. Work authorization should be
established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14582
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to