The Office of the Registrar
encourages applications for the
Assistant Registrar of IT Development!
oversees application development and data reporting teams to
deliver the timely rollout of new services and technologies.
Reports progress on project development, following strategic
objectives outlined by both the associate registrar and registrar,
and acts as a product owner to manage partner needs. Tracks key
performance indicators (KPIs), evaluates project scope and provides
risk assessment. Uses strong analytical skills including the
capability to abstract key trends and issues from complex detail
information. Resolves problems with the ability to look at issues
from multiple angles and address solutions with an attention to
detail, as well as the conceptual level. Serves as a technology
development liaison for the department to various partner groups
including OIT, UIS, Strategic Relations and outside vendors.
Reports to the Associate Registrar for Technology, Communication
and Reporting, aligning with the unit’s technology development
plan. Evaluates progress on the implementation of approved
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of the Registrar,
in support of the educational
mission of the University of Colorado Boulder, ensures the
integrity and security of academic records and provides enrollment
and academic support through innovative systems and outstanding
service to students and other partners!
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Business Process Automation
- Acts as the product owner for technology solutions, defining
requirements based on partner needs, available technologies, the
strategic objectives and priorities outlined.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of services offered by the
IT development team related to application development, student
record reporting and business automation.
- Pinpoints opportunities to streamline service delivery, making
recommendations to the associate registrar concerning available
technology platforms, professional development opportunities for
the team and potential adjustments to service agreements.
- Helps determine project priorities, coordinates production
releases, lifecycle maintenance and the roll-out of new technology
projects, delegating tasks to the data reporting and application
- Provides regular status updates, charting project development
progress. Raises and resolves roadblocks, and balances developer
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies
potential risks, and suggests contingency plans.
- Understands the Office of the Registrar business processes to
anticipate the needs of our constituents and represent the
department's interests in cross-campus initiatives.
- Collaborates with other technology professionals across campus
to promote innovation, evaluates the best methods and assesses
available ERP system capabilities. Act as a liaison to the CU-SIS
development leadership and team to coordinate cross-functional
projects, ensure consistency and appropriate use of student records
data and align service rollouts.
- Works with the associate registrar, CU-SIS team, functional
experts and IT developers to recommend new directions in automating
student record business processes.
- Acts as the product owner and lead for Selenium development
within the department.
- Assists the OnBase developer on workflow automation, providing
guidance on the best methodologies and acting as the backup during
scheduled leave or peak development cycles.
- Reviews data usage and integrations for consistency and
Continuing Education/Professional Development
- Provides supervision, backup and cross training of three IT
professionals within the office to ensure coverage during absences.
Maintains consistent service and project delivery. Ensures the
accuracy, timeliness and adherence to the best methods, standards
and regulations for deployed technology solutions.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Stays current on industry trends, the best methods and
standards. Explores new platforms for service delivery. Actively
participates in professional organizations and collaborates with
other IT professionals in the campus and external professional
What You Should Know
- Performs all work responsibilities and maintains
confidentiality in all applicable policies, rules, regulations, and
laws. This includes the Office of the Registrar departmental
policies, University policies, and Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA). Participates in, supports and/or provides
input on other special projects as requested.
The work schedule for this position is a hybrid modality.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $78,000 - $86,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be effective. Be strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science,
or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may
substitute on a year for year basis.
- Two years of experience planning IT projects and implementing
- Two years supervising professional staff.
- Two years of experience managing technology, applications and
data (business intelligence) reporting.
- Experience with data warehouse management.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated
ability to successfully translate functional needs into developer
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Relationship-building capabilities, strong orientation toward
collaboration and communication, ability to influence, earn trust
and respect from a diverse customer base.
- Good partner management, negotiation and persuasion
- Solid understanding of student data processing and web-based
- Master’s degree in information systems, computer science or
- Two years background with Oracle Peoplesoft/Campus Solutions,
student information systems experience.
- Two years of previous experience with business intelligence
tools (PS Query, Cognos BI, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI).
- Experience with project management software such as MS
Project/Project Online with the strong ability to meet project
timelines, communicate roadblocks, and report progress.
- Experience with web development and content management systems
such as Drupal.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Marketing Cloud and cVent.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, or MS Access
- Familiarity with document management systems such as OnBase and
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by November 3, 2021
Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Job
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: