About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College
serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent
immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission
is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals
through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs.
RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive
to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL,
and community education. The student population at the college is
diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury
Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages
applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its
staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Executive Director of Grants reports to the President at RCC.
This position leads and manages the identification, development and
submission of grant funding opportunities that support the mission
of the College. The Executive Director of Grants will also assist
in providing support to faculty and staff to identify, develop and
submit federal, state, local and private grants.
Supervision received: The President of RCC
Supervision excised: Director of Grant Development and others as
- Working with colleagues of the Development team, identify grant
opportunities and provide timely information to key personnel
regarding these opportunities.
- Lead the process of writing, editing and submitting grant
proposals that may include needs analysis, goals, objectives,
activities, action plans, performance indicators, evaluation
strategies, timelines, budget, and supporting data.
- Lead and manage mandatory reporting processes for specific
grants, including periodic and final reports and renewal
applications submitted to funding agencies.
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff on aspects of
grant-seeking and proposal development.
- Track grant activities including dates for required reports and
submissions and progress towards grant objectives and goals.
Work with the RCC Business Office to ensure that grant budgets are
approved and that spending is in accordance with grant
Master's degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher
Demonstrated successful experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software and reporting
- Experience in budget development and management.
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills,
including the ability to present complex information to a wide
range of audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain cross-functional, collaborative
working relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff and
with academic, administrative, and other functional units on
- Ability to handle a diverse set of issues simultaneously and
meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual
- Commitment to the Roxbury Community College mission
This is a full-time non-unit professional position. All candidates
must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. All offers of
employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear
results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be
conducted on all final candidates.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime
Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual
report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery