Adjunct Instructor Cybersecurity
POSITION TITLE: Adjunct Instructor, Cybersecurity
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Health and Public Services
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Refer to current adjunct faculty contract
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for
one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is
qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the
appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Department Chair;
provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The
instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and
following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other
campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit
preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all
terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach classes in appropriate instructional area.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards,
attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials,
and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively
communicate with appropriate staff and chair. 5. Comply with all
legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other
regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate
6. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the
college at all times.
7. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet
Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
8. Primarily to teach and assist in the growing networking and
computer security degree programs. Courses may include, but not
limited to computer programming, information security, networking,
and operating systems courses.
9. Extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, computer
networks, and computer security.
10. Remain informed on current trends and developments in computer
science and related technology and community college education by
attending educational/professional development seminars and
11. Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement.
12. Assignments will be teaching at JJC Romeoville Campus.
1. B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a
related field by the time of appointment.
2. Functional knowledge of industry training.
3. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
4. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
1. M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related
2. Experience with to computer programming, information security,
and operating systems.
3. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
4. Experience at the community college level and community college
5. Knowledge of current trends in computers, computer software,
computer languages, and related technologies.
6. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from
1. Standard classroom equipment and software.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.