The Director of Donor Relations works to deepen donor
relationships and engagement with Trinity University by fostering
lasting relationships between Trinity and those who generously
support the institution. Develops and executes a
comprehensive donor relations program focused on the cultivation
and stewardship of major gift and leadership level donors. Designs
and creates stewardship policies, procedures and protocols and
ensures they are followed efficiently and in a timely manner.
Responsible for leading Trinity’s leadership cumulative
giving society, impact reporting, endowment reporting, donor
recognition and significant celebration events, and other
opportunities for donor engagement. Responsible for managing
the Associate Director of Donor Relations and the Donor Relations
Coordinator and their work in supporting donors at all levels of
the donor pipeline.
Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are
an essential requirement of this position, including working all
full-time regular hours as established by the supervisor in
addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are
not limited to, the following:
- Leads process with Alumni Relations and Development leadership
to determine strategic priorities and vision for donor stewardship
on an annual and long-term basis.
- Creates and leads the recognition of major and principal
gifts. Develops and maintains a recognition policy for gifts
over $25,000 which would include magazine/website profiles, press
releases, recognition receptions/dinners and naming
opportunities. Promotes internal communication regarding the
major donors. Develops and distributes general stewardship of
major and principal gift donors and prospects.
- Leads the development and creation of annual endowment reports
and maintain list of the University’s current and endowed
scholarships, prizes and awards. Oversees distribution
strategy for various announcements and recognition.
- Develops protocol, coordinates with University departments to
ensure that criteria established by each donor is met; and obtains
appropriate information on the recipients of named endowments,
current use funds and all donor designated departmental giving,
current financial information of select endowments and information
of donor interest on the named funds.
- Administers the Founders Circle leadership giving society to
include recognition, inaugural materials and signature event,
annual communication from the President as well as other special
annual outreach. Develops and maintains partnership and open
dialogue with the President’s Office for ideas and tone
- Supervises the Associate Director of Donor Relations and the
Donor Relations Coordinator.
- Partners with Strategic Communications and Marketing on the
creation of impact reports for select $1M+ donors and key
corporation and foundations to include key archival and
- Plans luncheons and events to bring together donors with
students, faculty and staff. Plans signature dedication
events for all new and select endowments, capital projects and
- Prepares and detailed reports for donors; coordinates publicity
of gifts in appropriate publications; and produces and maintains a
list of all current naming opportunities and their cost.
Develops and maintains an inventory of locations and histories of
all existing dedicated sites on the University campus; and oversees
production, installation and monitoring of all recognition
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit
of teamwork and collegiality and interact with confidence, patience
and integrity to provide professional leadership during
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Supervisor over a section of a department or group of
employees. Will directly supervisor up to 3 employees.
- Limited supervision.
- Operates independently.
- Proceeds on own initiative within policy limits set by
- Five years of experience in development or donor
- Professional writing experience.
- CRM experience.
- Seven years of similar experience.
- Experience in a non-profit or educational environment
- Experience in higher education setting.
- Microsoft Office
- Google Docs
- Best practices of Donor Relations
- Nonprofit fundraising activity and recognition
- Psychology of wealth and recognition personalities
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Strong special events and signature boutique event
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively motivate and supervise subordinates
while completing independent goals in a team environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Archival and research skills for historical and collective
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and have a good
- May not have more than two moving violations in a three-year
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds.
- General office environment
Application Details How to apply
Click Here to