Responsible for assisting with the implementation and operational
management of campus enterprise applications. Advises senior
management on broader system issues and system development. Manages
the day-to-day activities related to enterprise applications
managed by the Office of Information Services.
1. Manages administrative computing activities of the Office of
2. Manages the central administrative computing (Ellucian
Confer with users to anticipate, determine and meet needs.
Serve as central point of contact and operational liaison with
Enhance/modify standard system features to meet Elmhurst University
Maintain documentation and records associated with the central
administrative computing system.
Coordinate and oversee Colleague related training, both conducted
by Ellucian and by Elmhurst University staff
Establish campus-wide rules and policies for the system and
maintain established standards.
Provide advice and recommendations on the system’s future
development to senior management.
3. Manages and supports other enterprise applications such as
TimeClock Plus, Document LOK, Adirondack, Touch Net, and future
systems to be added, including technical support, support for
system users, and interfaces with vendors and service
4. Supervises programmers and system application developers.
5. Collaborates closely with other group leaders within OIS .
6. Collaborates with leaders and staff across institution to
initiate and support change initiatives in the use of enterprise
applications to improve the University’s services and
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
2. Previous higher education managerial or technical experience,
either as a significant user of administrative technology or in a
significant support role for such users.
3. Fluency with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
4. The ability to troubleshoot systems and work well with end users
who present a wide range of technological savvy and skills.
5. A record of effective team development.
6. Strong communication skills.
7. Effective leadership of others as they manage and change,
especially due to the use of new technological tools.
8. A desire and ability to learn new skills and adapt to the
rapidly changing technology landscape.
1. UNIX operating system experience.
2. LAN experience
3. Experience with the Colleague administrative information
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move object.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID -19
no later than Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021.
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting