We are now seeking an experienced and motivated doctoral prepared
CRNA to lead our DNP Nurse Anesthesiology faculty team. Our DNP
curriculum emphasizes innovative and evidence-based nursing
practice to meet the demands of an increasingly complex health care
system, improve the safety and quality of care delivery, and
influence health care policy. DNP Nurse Anesthesiology faculty are
committed to the education of future CRNAs who are competent and
well qualified to deliver safe and high-quality anesthesia care and
pain management services.
As the DNP Nurse Anesthesiology Program Director you will direct
the organizational administration of the Nurse Anesthesiology
Program by providing leadership and oversight for all aspects of
the educational program including, but not limited to, governance,
didactic and clinical curriculum, recruitment, and evaluation. You
will serve in a leadership role to supervise and mentor faculty in
development of instructional materials, teaching strategies, and
assessment measures for DNP Nurse Anesthesiology courses and
students. As a faculty member you will teach at the graduate level;
be involved in course and/or curriculum development;
research/scholarship; participate on School, College and University
committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed
scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and
Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at
off-campus sites within our region.
FGCU aspires to be an inclusive working and learning environment
where students, faculty, staff, curriculum, social activities,
governance, and all aspects of campus life reflect a diverse,
multi-cultural worldview. We oppose discrimination, intolerance,
expressions of hate, and disrespect. We are committed to preparing
students to understand, appreciate, live and work in a diverse
community of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds,
religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual
orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions and family
status. We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity,
equity, inclusion and justice. The Marieb College of Health &
Human Services encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to
apply because FGCU will thrive and attain excellence only through a
commitment to equality.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
Additional Job Description
- Provides leadership and direction for the DNP Nurse
- Functions as supervisor for Nurse Anesthesiology faculty,
clinical coordinators and adjuncts as appropriate
- Maintains compliance with COA accreditation standards and
ongoing School and Program accreditation efforts
- Prepares internal and external regulatory and accreditation
reports in collaboration with Director of the School of Nursing,
Assistant Director Nurse Anesthesiology Program and other School
- Collaborates with Director, School of Nursing to determine
faculty workloads and to develop and monitor a budget that ensures
adequate operating expenses and academic resources
- Oversees development and refinement of Nurse Anesthesiology
curriculum materials within regulatory and professional
- Coordinates development and implementation of policies related
to admission, progression, sequencing and remediation of classroom
and clinical practice components of the DNP Nurse Anesthesiology
- Oversees recruitment, selection and enrollment of students
- Oversees off-campus clinical sites, off-campus clinical
coordinators and student clinical practice experiences
- Teaches at the graduate level in the DNP Nurse Anesthesiology
Program courses and across other graduate level nursing courses as
needed based on qualifications and experience.
- Mentors students completing the DNP Project.
- Monitors Nurse Anesthesiology student progression and directs
formative and summative evaluation procedures
- Maintains competency within anesthesia practice area
- Maintains involvement in community and professional
- Expectations for scholarship will be those identified for rank
as described in FPED and College documents.
- Service to School, College, University and Professional
community is expected in the form of committees, accreditation
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related field from a regionally
accredited institution/program (or equivalent).
- Prelicensure master’s or doctoral degree with a Nurse
Anesthesia major from a regionally accredited institution and
nationally accredited nurse anesthesia program (or
- Five or more years of clinical experience in the Certified
Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) role.
- Current unrestricted license as an Advanced Practice Nurse in
the State of Florida or eligible for licensure.
- Current CRNA certification by the National Board of
Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists
- Current BLS, ACLs and PALs certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ph.D. from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent
and a nationally accredited nursing program.
- Experience as a faculty member in a nursing education program
at the College/University level.
- Experience with virtual/distance teaching platform
- Experience with simulation in education.
- Evidence of scholarship leading to professional presentations,
research, and/or publications.
- Service in professional organizations (e.g. membership and / or
Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, and
Knowledge of institutional and programmatic accreditation
requirements and regulatory standards governing nurse anesthesia
Demonstrated expertise in nurse anesthesia knowledge and clinical
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Strong communication skills.
Functions as an effective, active and collegial team member
Demonstrated computer skills using web-based applications and
Microsoft Office Suite.
Competence in use of technology in teaching and distance
Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in
the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved
Must value continued scholarship and service to the school,
university and community.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made at a faculty rank commensurate with the
candidate’s experience on a 12-month out-of-unit multi-year
appointment basis available January 2022.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and
retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send
examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so.
Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks,
slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE
RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to
submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become
the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available
for public review upon request.
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and
continue until position is filled.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.