Director of Marketing for School of Music
The Director of Marketing for the School of Music plays an integral
role in the external communications and promotional/marketing
process in the School of Music. The core responsibilities of this
position include capturing content from performances and events,
creating content related to internal and external communications,
and strategic dissemination of print and digital assets through a
variety of marketing channels. In coordination with the CBU
Marketing Department, they will develop and manage the creative
process and organizational systems to ensure stylistic consistency
and excellence in the School of Music communications process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communications and marketing project management (monitor
projects through all stages of production, owning all assigned
deadlines and milestones from launch to release).
- Manage the capture, editing, and distribution process for all
video and photographic content on behalf of the School of
- Manage the design, printing and/or dissemination process for
all electronic and print design projects.
- Manage the flow of information related to project and event
planning, timelines, requests, etc.
- Establish and monitor deadlines for information needed from
faculty and staff for promotional purposes.
- When appropriate, create detailed project plans for large-scale
events or campaigns.
- Lead the planning, creation, and distribution process for all
social media content for the SOM .
- Monitor and serve as first point of contact for the school’s
social media channels.
- Serve as point of contact for and resource to faculty and staff
who are using primary communication tools such as the SOM website,
department-wide or university-wide email, online forms, and other
various online tools.
- Manage content on the main SOM website to ensure data accuracy
- Lead the design and development process for new and/or revised
SOM -related websites.
- Develop and manage processes to ensure that photo and video
content are captured at all SOM events.
This job has supervisory responsibilities as it pertains to student
workers in the office.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities,
meet deadlines with little supervision, and drive projects to
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- High proficiency in computer skills and web-based project
management systems. Must be very comfortable with and an active
user of Adobe Creative Suite applications (Illustrator, InDesign,
Photoshop, Premiere, etc.), Microsoft Office applications, web
browsing, social media platforms, and email communication.
- Ability to shoot and edit video content is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate video/audio production
equipment is required.
- Ability to manage and track event finances including proposals,
budgeting, requisitions, and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability
to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
- Ability to resolve complaints and concerns.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or one to three years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Relevant URL