Senior Director of Online Communications
Development Office, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic
institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841,
Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate
students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
Fordham University’s Senior Director of Online Communications
leads the university’s online communications initiatives within
University Marketing and Communications (UMC). The Senior Director
of Online Communications directs all aspects of the University
website at www.fordham.edu, as well as other digital projects that
advance the University’s online communications and educational
The online communications team is responsible for all aspects of
the University’s primary web presence (www.fordham.edu) and many of
the most visible sites within the fordham.edu domain, as well as
other forms of online communications such as email marketing. The
team is also responsible for establishing and enforcing online
brand standards campus-wide through various content management
systems — Terminal Four (fordham.edu), Wordpress (blogs/calendar)
and Mailchimp (email). In addition, we serve as consultants for the
university community regarding best practices in information
architecture, design, accessibility, online communications, and
The ideal candidate for the Senior Director of Online
Communications position will be a champion for innovation with a
proven history of developing and leading implementation of
strategic projects. He or she will have a career record of ensuring
positive return on investment, integrating organizational brand
identity, and elevating the customer experience.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for
- Supervises an online communications team of four including an
Associate Director for Online Communications, Web Developer,
Digital Communications Strategist, and an Assistant Director for
Email Marketing, as well as student workers and consultants.
- Manages all aspects of the management of Fordham’s website at
www.fordham.edu and other properties such as news.fordham.edu.
- Oversees digital strategy, architecture, editorial and visual
style consistency for Fordham’s web and social media.
- Oversees review of online content, its development, and
training of contributors.
- Project manages new content development including the
development of marketing and fundraising microsites, new web
initiatives, as well as implementations and redesigns.
- Collaborates with UMC directors, project managers, writers,
editors and designers on integrated initiatives which include web
content, email, social media, and print.
- Works with UMC and its University clients in establishing
marketing goals and metrics and regularly analyzes and reports on
data via Google Analytics and other digital analysis tools.
- Advises and educates department and school web editors on best
practices in writing for the web, usability, search engine
optimization, accessibility, and mobile-first content.
- Works with and manages all outside consultants, designers,
editors and technical resources.
- Develops, evaluates, and manages digital marketing plans such
as budgets, and deliverables.
- Works with marketing leadership to ensure digital strategies
accomplish marketing objectives.
- Partners closely with Fordham IT to help support digital
communications tools such as content management and email marketing
systems, undertakes new web development projects, manages user
experience across platforms, and assists with problem
- Oversees customer relationship management to increase user
engagement across key digital platforms.
- Stays abreast of higher education marketing trends and emerging
- Ensures that all deliverables adhere to Fordham’s visual and
brand guidelines, are on message, and support overall University
strategic goals, as well as individual school, division, and
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or
- A minimum of ten years experience in electronic communications
in an academic, nonprofit, or professional communications
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a bridge builder and liaison between
communications, academic, and technology departments throughout the
- Strong understanding of marketing practices and
strategies, Web and email communications, social media, web
analytics and higher education.
- Strong writing and editorial skills for online marketing.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and work
within a budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills that
facilitate collaboration with colleagues at all levels and with
internal and external customers.
- Be self-motivated, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment
to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Willingness to learn and champion Fordham’s Jesuit and Catholic
mission and identity.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/2510
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York,
offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit
tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and
schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and
Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center
Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in
the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence
through diversity and welcomes candidates of all
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer –
Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories