Assists the Director with the development, implementation and
management of the Diamond Family Scholars Program that includes
intensive advising and services for students who have aged out of
foster care and are enrolled at the University. Promotes the
well-being of students in the program as well as collaborating with
staff from both on- and off- campus agencies involved in providing
foster care services. Job Duties
- Leads the first year experience course and graduation prep
seminar for Diamond Family Scholars.
- Provides selected services to other students at UH who have
aged out of foster care.
- Conducts assessment of program components and provides annual
reports to Diamond Family Scholars Program donors.
- Assesses the need for placement, safety, family strengths and
needs, and placement resources for the student and care
- Builds and maintains close working relationships with public
and private agencies involved in providing foster care
- Assists in the recruitment, training and implementation of the
- Coordinates summer programming and intake of students to
- Attends local and national conferences as needed to stay
current in relevant work.
- Coordinates community resources for the benefit of the
students.Collaborates with Agency program staff, and external
public and private agency staff on the delivery of services to
students, executing an ethic of care and strengths-based
model.Ensures regulatory compliance of Texas laws in coordinating
the planning of program components.Advocates, promotes and
practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day
interactions.Provides scheduled and walk in support and advising to
students.Provides crisis intervention, when required.Performs other
job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Preferred:
College degree in a Human Service field.ExperienceRequires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Preferred: Bachelors degree in a human service field with 2+ years
of experience in the human service field or a Masters degree in a
human services field.
Certification/Licensing Requires a valid Texas Drivers License.
Preferred: Licensed Master or Bachelors degree in social