One of UMKC Forward’s five key investments, is expanding TalentLink
, our adult
learner and corporate development program, by adding a robust
offering of badges and certificates alongside high-quality
professional, online and continuing education opportunities. The
UMKC TalentLink team connects individuals and organizations to
professional development experiences. Join us as we help build
- We believe you’re a new skillset away from advancement.
- We believe that when you grow your talent, you grow your
- We believe that everyone in Kansas City can thrive in a
Assist the director in promoting UMKC TalentLink and Continuing
Education professional development experiences across the region.
Coordinate marketing efforts, support and develop internal and
external communications in print and online, support sales and
promotional initiatives and seek out new and better ways to improve
- Tell the story of UMKC TalentLink and Continuing Education
professional development opportunities.
- Work with director to develop and execute integrated marketing
- Maintain a monthly print and social content calendar.
- Write, edit and produce material for print and web, including
blog posts, newsletters, brochures, proposals, white papers, news
releases, entrepreneurial profiles.
- Coordinate marketing efforts and communications on a variety of
projects to support brand.
- Update and edit website material.
- Provide marketing support across digital platforms, including
website and social media to support marketing and communications
- Create and manage content for marketing collateral, press
releases, email and social media campaigns.
- Coordinate media pitches, keep press contact list updated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations or
Marketing or equivalent work experience in content development,
copywriting and/or marketing
• Proven ability to write compelling copy; excellent proofreading
and editing skills
• Graphic design, formatting and production for articles, papers,
spreadsheets, reports, presentations and correspondence
• Solid communication skills across various channels—print, video,
web and social media
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
• Ability to successfully handle multiple competing projects and
tasks in a fast-paced environment, with little direct
• Ability to adapt to writing tone and voice of our organization
and for different audiences
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and
• Strong interview and research skills
• Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly
Full Time/Part Time
Full-time, benefits eligible
$47,476 - $53,000
October 31, 2021
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter,
resume, and list of five references with contact information) into
one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB.
Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more
information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If
you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or
functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative
Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving
research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and
learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including
race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual
orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style,
religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences,
educational level and family structure. For more information on our
diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in
the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over
85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives.
With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of
opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating
their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area
where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens
here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to
join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an
employee can be found on our careers page.