Resource Specialist, Mountain House - 10:00am - 7:00pm, closes
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Works closely with students enrolled in the program or department:
acts as a facilitator connecting students with the existing college
and community resources available; to work closely with the
students helping to ensure successful completion of their specific
program; to provide workshops for the students on a variety of
relevant topics; and to act as a liaison with county and community
agencies as appropriate. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND
Receives direction from an assigned supervisor.
- Meet with students in the assigned program assisting in the
planning of their vocational training program or student success
- Act as a liaison between the student and pertinent county and
- Work closely with program staff to create new procedures to
help better meet the needs of the students.
- Recruit and help enroll prospective students for the assigned
- Create and deliver promotional literature to assist with
- Assist with referrals to appropriate person or agencies within
the college and community.
- Assist to plan, organize, and conduct workshops or other
activities necessary for the success of students in the
- Develop and maintain working relations with community members
involved with similar programs.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to assist with the growth of
- Maintain adequate records and statistics related to the
students who are served and seen.
- Monitor student success while in the program. Mentor and assist
students as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Rules and regulations regarding pertinent local, regional and
- Recruitment and enrollment methods and practices.
- Conducting effective seminars and presentations to small and
- Office procedures, methods and equipment including computers,
word processing software, database software, and internet.
- Working with individuals from diverse cultural and
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Understand and work with the diverse needs of the students
within the assigned program.
- Effectively represent the San Joaquin Delta College and the
assigned program within the community.
- Plan and organize workshops.
- Think critically and problem-solve a variety of issues.
- Exhibit excellent listening skills.
- Advocate for students.
- Demonstrate patience working with students who historically
have not experienced academic success.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
members of local agencies within the county, pertinent to the
- Understand and apply the rules and regulations of the assigned
program to best meet the needs of the students.
- Act as a positive role model for students in the assigned
- Sensitivity to and understanding of individuals from diverse
academic, socio- economic, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic
backgrounds and disabilities.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of computer
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university in a related
(2) years of related experience, preferably in a public agency.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 5,016
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 6,166
- External Closing Date: Oct 23, 2021
- External Opening Date: Oct 15, 2021
MT HOUSE, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access
to its education programs and activities and makes all employment
decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity,
color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and
gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual