Senior Internal Auditor - Hourly
Office of Internal Audit
This is an hourly hybrid position requiring 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities include planning and conducting financial,
operational, compliance and information technology audits of
University departments, programs, and systems and evaluating the
system of internal controls under the supervision of the Director
of Internal Audit. Assist in providing management and the Board of
Trustees with written reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of
internal operating controls, the reliability and integrity of
financial information, compliance with policies and regulations,
and the efficient use of resources.
Director of Internal Audit
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Independently perform audits of all phases of University
operations in accordance with the International Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and department
standards. Audit activities consist of: evaluating risk; developing
audit planning documentation; determining the accuracy of financial
transactions; assessing compliance with policies, procedures, laws
and regulations; researching best practices, standards and
regulations, detecting the presence of internal controls and
evaluating their effectiveness and making recommendations for
improved internal controls and procedures.
- Use data analytics in support of audit objectives.
- Prepare and summarize work papers.
- Promptly communicate audit findings to the Director of Internal
- Write audit reports including audit recommendations.
- Perform follow-up reviews to determine the status of corrective
action of audit recommendations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and
Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) internal control
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical
- Ability to access internal controls surrounding information
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency,
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high confidentiality on a
wide range of issues.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge
of Excel analytics.
- General knowledge of information technology controls is
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk and utilize a keyboard for
- Travel to other buildings on campus is required.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2622
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is
- Three to five years of auditing experience in public accounting
or internal audit is required.
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification (or progress toward
certification) is required.
- Experience within a University setting is preferred.