Contributes to the mechanical services team which includes heating,
ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing shop operations,
with an emphasis on plumbing. Installs new plumbing systems.
Repairs and installs heating, cooling, steam distribution and
utilization systems. Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical
equipment in order to ensure effective and efficient
6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Full- time. Includes
“On-Call” responsibilities on a rotating basis to address technical
issues after hours. Potential to be considered “Essential
Personnel” when the need arises; report to or remain at work if
instructed to do so. Schedule may vary according to departmental
and Academy needs.
- Install new residential and institutional plumbing systems,
bathroom groups, steam and hydronic heating systems according to
specifications and plumbing codes.
- Install piping and equipment insulation and other energy
- Repair and maintain plumbing systems. Including mending burst
pipes and cleaning clogged drains.
- Repair, maintain and troubleshoot all related equipment.
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Maintain clean and safe equipment rooms.
- Conduct visual inspection of sprinklers and notify supervisor
of potential hazards.
- Work independently or in a crew with verbal and/or written
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum technology baselines needed to perform job responsibilities
included, but not limited to, proper use of company issued iPhones,
laptops and other equipment. Responsible for using Outlook calendar
and checking and responding to PEA emails. Required to use and
understand company issued software, including PEA’s work order
system, Maintenance Connection.
Must adhere to PEA’s Technology guidelines
- High school diploma.
- Advanced technical education preferred
- Plumbing Apprentice Required. License preferred.
- NH Gas License preferred
- Valid driver’s license required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of three years plumbing experience.
- Experience in an institutional or campus setting
- Customer service experience desirable
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including