The University of Colorado Boulder Advancement team encourages
applications for an Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for
Advancement! This position is a high-level, confidential assistant
who provides professional administrative support to the Vice
Chancellor and Associate Vice Chancellor. This position functions
with a great deal of independence and initiative and must establish
and maintain effective working relationships within the Office of
the Chancellor, Cabinet Members, campus leadership, the University
System and Boulder Advancement units.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Advancement is a professional and hard-working
advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall
external engagement for the University. Through these philanthropic
and engagement efforts, the University is able to attract the
brightest students, support and grow our hardworking faculty and
strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we
build a foundation of excellence for the future.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Administrative Leadership Support
Meeting and Event Management
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential materials without
risk of disclosure.
- Reviews the VC’s email for items requiring action or response
- Maintains action and meeting topic logs.
- Meets daily with VC to review calendar and upcoming meetings,
ensuring timely preparation.
- Maintains a list of recurring (yearly/quarterly, etc.)
activities and deadlines, and proactively works to make the VC’s
office successful in meeting the needs of those activities.
- Works with AVC to plan agendas and execution of departmental
- Copy edits, reviews and distributes meeting materials under
direction of the VC.
- Reviews and approves staff leave requests and monthly
timesheets in MyLeave.
- Collaborates closely with Advancement leadership team.
- Assists the Vice Chancellor (VC) and Associate Vice Chancellor
(AVC) in scheduling and preparing for internal and external
meetings, system meetings, and donor meetings. Tasks include
scheduling rooms, ensuring clarity of the agenda and reviewing
relevant previous action items and decisions.
- Ensure briefings for donor meetings are prepared in a timely
- Keeps track of and advises VC of meeting attendees.
- Solicits, sets and enforces deadlines for meeting materials
from others with sufficient time for VC to review and prepare for
- Schedules and manages meeting invitations, Zoom reservations,
room reservations, logistics and catering, as appropriate.
- Handles and arranges complex and high frequency travel schedule
ensuring travel is as efficient and direct as possible.
- Ensures that meetings are well-planned to enhance the VC and
- Ensures that meeting participants are appropriately prepared
- Provides follow-up with meeting participants on behalf of the
VC and AVC.
- Plans and executes All Staff meetings, staff retreats, and
employee appreciation events.
- Works closely with Donor Relations, President’s Office and
Athletics relative to CU Buffs football tickets/suite
- Ensures that travel to away football games is well-coordinated
and air/hotel reservations are made at the earliest
- Primary point of coordination between CU Foundation and Boulder
Advancement to ensure that planning for the Fall Trustee Meeting
begins early in the year and ongoing progress is made.
- Ability to navigate A/V for meetings.
- Promotes a positive, welcoming, service focused culture in
Office of the Vice Chancellor.
- Builds relationships with Advancement team members (Boulder and
- Works with the leadership team to ensure appropriate execution
of critical initiatives.
- Acts as a point of coordination on behalf of VC in ensuring
that momentum is maintained once projects are initiated.
- Ensures adherence to all CU policies.
- Hires and supervises student assistants.
- Participates in or selects an alternate to participate in the
working group selecting Employees of the Year on behalf of the
- Phone liaison for Office of Advancement.
- Oversees processing of gifts for courier pickup for CU
- Orders or assigns task for office supply orders, staying within
What You Should Know
- Provides donor database support and basic reports for the VC
We anticipate that this position will support a hybrid format (a
mix of in person and remote work).
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $50,000- $60,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be impactful. Be professional. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of years of
experience will substitute.
- A minimum of 5 years administrative experience; non-profit,
events and development/fundraising experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees at all levels.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion.
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and
adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of general office procedures, protocol, and
- Ability to work independently and successfully with reliable
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to balance many priorities, sometimes with tight
- Strong technology skills is a plus factor.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 28, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: