Responsible for negotiation, coordination, monitoring and
administration of all terms and conditions to procure necessary
goods and services in support of the university, specifically for
Facilities and also Construction, under the direction of the Senior
Contracts Manager in Procurement and Contracts. This position
reports to the Senior Contracts Manager in Procurement and
- RFP, proposal and contract administration: Issue
solicitations (RFP/RFQ/RFIs), evaluate proposals and negotiate,
award, administer and close out contracts as appropriate.
Efficiently and effectively coordinate and negotiations, proposal
evaluation and on-going quality assessments, to contract necessary
goods and services in support of internal clients, maintaining good
customer relations with both internal customers and external
partners & vendors. Prepare evaluation/negotiation reports
justifying competitive bids, develop negotiation strategies, submit
appropriate reports to management with vendor recommendations and
award contracts to winning bidders. Maintain and administer highly
complex contracts throughout their entire lifecycle, identifying
key issues, problems areas and recommendations for resolution as
well as efficiently managing less complex contracts. Develop
appropriate service levels agreements to surpass facilities needs
and goals. Initiate and maintain contract documentation and related
correspondence in accordance with policies and procedures. Consult
with departments to: identify potential future contractual needs;
prioritize activities of current projects to ensure that
departmental needs are met. Address/resolve contractual issues in a
timely manner; and develop working relationships that promote
enhancement of the Procurement and Contracts Department’s
contractual operations. Meets with existing and potential vendors
on a regular basis and reviews the overall relationship. Identify
cost savings on an ongoing basis, as determined by management.
- Work closely with the procurement function to establish
strategic vendor relationships, planning and leading multiple
projects undertight timeframes with a sense of urgency, measuring
vendor performance, and ensuring a strong customer focus
environment. Negotiates and acts as the contact person, in
coordination with Procurement, for all master purchase agreements
with selected manufacturers, distributors and authorized resellers
for materials and services. Use consortium pricing where it is
advantageous to customers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Light travel may be required.
- Light Work: may require the occasional light lifting.
- Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally.
- Position is in office setting and may involve prolonged work at
a desk in one location.
Required Education and Experience
- 35 hours a week minimum
- Sr. Coordinator/Analyst A
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Complete assignments on time
- Focus on customer service and team building
- Consolidation of vendors and services
- Fact-based negotiation
- Ability to adapt to change & multiple changing
- Business process design and continuous improvement
- Data analysis
- Supplier relationship management & development
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) understanding
- Product and category knowledge
- Timely communication with internal and external customers is a
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful
completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires
COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn
more about our health and safety directive.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit
Current American University Employees:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at
American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU
portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which
will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University
careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its
programs and activities.