HSE Lead Instructor
Salary for Announcement
Family Literacy Program
The Family Literacy Program has an opening for a part-time lead
instructor to teach adults seeking a High School Equivalency
diploma. This position is semester-based and includes classroom
instruction and planning time.
- Provide direct classroom instruction, including one-on-one
tutoring, in math/science or language arts/social studies to adults
using approved High School Equivalency curriculum, student-centered
teaching methods and materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of content
- Foster encouraging and supportive learning environment for
students by responding to instructional needs and by integrating
pathways to career and higher education into instructional delivery
and providing weekly feedback to students.
- Collaborate with lead teaching staff regarding curriculum,
materials, testing and evaluation and assist with lesson planning
and class preparation.
- Create individualized educational plans with each student based
on learning needs and identified student goals.
- Fulfill all testing, record keeping and reporting
- Use industry standard software to track student progress,
analyze student performance data, and adapt instruction
- Participate in and contribute to staff professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to teach online, in-person at offsite locations, and
during evening hours
- Experience teaching adults in Spanish and knowledge of High
School Equivalency/ GED exams; including preparatory digital
learning management platforms and corresponding assessment
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, or
advanced digital skills to quickly learn new learning management
- Broad knowledge and skill with instructional techniques and
strategies to think critically and proactively adapt instruction to
meet student needs and challenges.
- B.A. in Education or related fields.
- Two years of formal instructional experience in adult
- ABEA (Adult Basic Education Certification) or willingness to
obtain it within two years.
- Knowledge and practice of current ESL and adult education
- Experience with standard educational assessment tools
- Ability to lift/carry 20 lbs.
- Master’s degree in adult education or related field
- Understanding of College and Career Readiness Standards.
- Experience developing and/or delivering
- Familiarity with the state approved HSE exams ( GED and HiSET)
and their content.
- Basic conversational Spanish skills
- Ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs
of immigrant, low income, and diverse urban populations.
- The University is particularly interested in applicants who
have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and
a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education
for under-represented groups.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and our
prospective teammates are our highest priority and as an
institution, we are required to have proof of vaccination on file
for all employees.
MSU Denver is requiring all employees to provide proof of being
fully vaccinated for Covid-19, or to submit an exemption and be
subject to following the Covid-19 safety protocols. As an employee
of MSU Denver, an exemption or lack of proof of vaccination will
require you to submit to weekly Covid-19 testing starting the week
of August 23, 2021.
Additionally, all institutions on campus are requiring that masks
be worn indoors regardless of your vaccinations status.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and