Framingham, MA Category:
Fri Oct 15 2021 Job Description:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting with
the coordination of the day-to-day operation of the athletic
training room, including the prevention, evaluation, and care of
athletic related injuries incurred by intercollegiate
student-athletes. Sport coverage to include Club Level
Cheerleading, Men's Lacrosse, Men's Rugby, Women's Rugby and
several Varsity Level coverage.
- Designated as a Responsible Employee under Title IX
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority under the Clery
- Accountable for ensuring that equal opportunity, affirmative
action, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and
decisions in areas of responsibility.
Assigned contract workers.
Deputy Director of Athletics and Head Athletic Trainer.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the coordination of the
day-to-day operation of the athletic training room.
- Provide prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation
to all athletes.
- Administer first aid and emergency techniques to injuries.
- Perform emergency management of acute injuries.
- Provide athletic training coverage of practices and both home
and away competitions.
- Coverage of Club Level sports including Cheerleading, Men's
Lacrosse, Men's Rugby and Women's Rugby as well as other assigned
Varsity Level sports.
- Design and implement rehabilitation programs that are sport and
- Assist with the maintenance of medical records, insurance
forms, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Provide input regarding the ordering athletic training supplies
and maintenance of inventory and budget.
- Assist team physician and Head Athletic Trainer with conducting
pre-participation physical examinations.
- Develop and foster a positive working relationship with the
administrative and coaching staff, student-athletes, University
Health Services, and area physicians and hospitals.
- Attend University functions of general importance to the
student body upon request.
- Provide information upon request from the Director of Athletics
or the Associate Director of Athletics.
- Uphold confidentiality for student-athletes and their
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director
of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics, or Head Athletic
- Responsible for upholding federal, state and local laws and for
enforcing College policies with special attention to the University
- This position is accountable for ensuring that affirmative
action, equal opportunity and diversity are integrally tied to all
actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
This position requires evenings, weekends, and holiday hours as
well as some travel as the playing and practice season schedule
Candidates must be able to lift, move, transport and/or carry up
to 80lbs (example a filled 10 gallon water cooler).
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic related field.
- Current NATABOC certification.
- Eligible for MA licensure in Athletic Training.
- Current certification in Professional Rescuer CPR/AED and First
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal
- Knowledge of and ability to work in accordance to the rules set
forth by Framingham State University, the MASCAC, and the
- Experience in a University setting is recommended.
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish or English
and Portuguese are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a 43 week/year full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible
position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA)
bargaining unit with a title of Staff Assistant. The salary range
is $42,000-46,000 for 43 weeks of work. This 43 week/year position
is scheduled to coincide with the academic year and departmental
It is the policy of Framingham State University that all
employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin
employment. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all
individuals hired by FSU, to be verified after a verbal offer of
employment has been accepted, and before employment begins.
Prospective employees may submit a request for a medical or
religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement to
Human Resources. Furthermore, FSU employees must wear a mask inside
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual
offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final
employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans,
persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.