ACADEMIC ADVISOR, College of Arts and Letters
at Stevens Institute of Technology
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of
Student Success in the College of Arts and Letters, the Academic
Advisor position will provide academic advising for undergraduate
students majoring in Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science
degree programs in the College. This position will also provide
support and assistance for recruiting and student success
initiatives and other related academic administrative matters.
- Provide support to the Associate Director of Student Success
with regard to academic advisement processes and recruitment
activities for the College.
- Coordinate mandatory advisement sessions for students in the
College to provide guidance on academic program requirements and
- Enter, evaluate, and audit student data in Workday Student to
ensure students are progressing through their academic programs in
a timely manner and to certify completion of requirements for
- Verify and process faculty advisor approved forms in Workday
Student and collaborate with faculty
advisors as needed to ensure high-quality student advising in the
- Participate in and lead recruitment events, information
sessions, and orientations for prospective and new students.
- Coordinate faculty, student, and alumni involvement in ongoing
recruitment activities including, but not limited to, visit days,
webinars, and classroom visits.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum three years of experience as an academic advisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of taking initiative on projects and making
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep confidential information confidential
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proactive approach to completion of tasks
- Strong problem solving ability
College of Arts and Letters
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens,
you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter
and resume with each application. Other requirements for
consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that
prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates
or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including,
but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex,
national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry,
marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial
status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information,
pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or
any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body
and strongly encourages applications from female and minority
candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans'
Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus
Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the
Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual
security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery
Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the
following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police