Work Site Location:
Work Schedule: Tues, Wed, and Thurs 5 p.m. - 9
This position serves as the point of
contact for the public, patients, clinic employees, and students in
the Dental Hygiene Program Clinics (LCSC/Lewiston site). This
position will maintain the day-to-day operations of the dental
clinic, and play an important role in communicating with patients,
students, and employees.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes, and directs dental clinic activities.
- Organizes and maintains program files; helps maintain patient
- Ensures patient privacy according to the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ensures patient information is accurately recorded and updated,
- Ensures patient’s payments are processed and documented.
- Acts as receptionist for the clinic: answers telephone, routes
calls, makes appointments, greets patients, maintains patient
- Collects fees, writes receipts, checks supplies against
invoices, follows-up with purchase orders.
- Acts as a liaison between patients and their general
- Oversees infection control practices: monitors infection
control procedures according to established standards for the
- In coordination with the program director, ensures students
practice appropriate infection control.
- Trains and monitors students in their office assisting
- Ensures that employees, students, and volunteers (dentists,
hygienists, and non-licensed volunteers) are oriented to the
clinic, including safety and infection control policies and
- Oversees sterilization and asepsis procedures for all dental
equipment and supplies in compliance with regulations to ensure
- Anticipates needs and prepares equipment and supplies for the
student dental hygienists and patients.
- Develops and maintains work schedules for clinical faculty to
ensure smooth operation of the clinic.
- Manages and maintains clinic computer program and
- Manages, develops and maintains the clinic database of dental
records and radiographs.
- Prepares computer forms for clinical use.
- Ensures copier and printers are maintained.
- Coordinates with the Health Professions Administrative
Assistant to ensure supplies and equipment are ordered to ensure
appropriate levels of stock are maintained.
- Ensures equipment is in working order and schedules repairs as
- Tracks patient satisfaction surveys.
- Prepares clinic forms, maintenance requests, and supply
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the
Education and Experience
- Assists with special projects as directed.
- Runs various routine errands, as required, for the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend meetings and events as required by North Idaho College
and Heritage Health administration.
- Ability to work variable shifts including evenings.
: High school diploma and two
years, full-time equivalent dental office experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
All application materials including resume and cover letter must
be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close
Advertised: October 15, 2021 Pacific Daylight
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, and
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone
- Proficient skills with Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook
computer software required.
- Work as a team member to plan and accomplish goals.
- Always promote the welfare and best interest of students.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable
laws, regulations and goals of the college and the clinic.
- Understand and value the contributions of a diverse
- Represent the Dental Hygiene Program and the College in a