A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic success. The Web Developer and Digital Interface
shall have the primary responsibilities to provide
digital support for all marketing communication tactics online.
Florida Memorial University is seeking a Website Developer to
provide the technology and design framework for the University's
websites, consult with various academic and administrative units,
analyze and recommend web-based solutions where appropriate, and
support the University's strategic initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work under the direction of the Network Operations
Manager/Network Architect, and provide excellent customer support
for faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist all constituents and departments with their input for
the purpose of enhancing, updating, or modifying information so the
website properly reflects the needs of the University.
- Ensure the highest web visibility for FMU programs, activities,
- Implement new technologies that further FMU’s web presence, and
coordinate vision, direction, and development of long-term web
- Manage user and group read/write access to web servers, backup,
recovery, and security processes for the purpose of maintaining the
internet, intranet, and data security and/or operations.
- Oversee the website/s and homepage/s (e.g., format, content,
maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining current and
- Prepare the necessary documentation (e.g., procedures, usage
reports, memos, letters, etc.) to properly convey what is needed to
maintain the functionality of the site.
- Create and maintain a redundant environment and make pertinent
- Document all passwords, links, vendors, and locations, and
provide them to the IT department.
- Troubleshoot all hardware and/or software problems for the
purpose of providing technical advice and training, resolving
problems, and/or compiling concise descriptions to forward to
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- High-level proficiency in the following: Microsoft Office,
Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, WordPress, Google Analytics, Coding,
XML, jQuery, CSS 2/3, AJAX, PHP, ASP, JSP, Drupal CMS, Web
programming scripting (ASP, Perl, PHP, JSP), Linux, Apple OS,
Graphic design, Web design and layout, Server and virtual host
management and new site creation.
- Implement custom website(s).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and monitor web-based and other
custom software applications.
- Troubleshoot technical design issues, update content, and other
technical support related to the web
- Balance a creative eye with an analytical mind.
- Understand web-related technologies, methodologies, best
practices, and User Experience design (UX),
- Ability to translate the design into the appropriate coding
that fits the solution.
- Ability to facilitate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and operating
- Schedule activities, meetings, and events to have the end-user
participate, keeping them involved with their own site pages.
- Work with a wide diversity of individuals.
- Identify issues and create action plans, for both equipment and
- Communicate technical information to non-technical
- Meet deadlines and schedules while setting priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work under limited supervision following established
guidelines and procedures.
- Strong academic values and good judgment, patience, commitment,
and humor to manage strategic change.
- Understand the system and campus governance and accreditation
- Expertise in developing/implementing processes and plans for
- Strong record of fostering communication with students,
parents, faculty, community, legislature, and the public.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other campus
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information in
a professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail, dependability, and adaptability to a
- High level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and
- Moderate physical activity (requires handling of average-weight
objects up to 50 pounds and standing and/or walking for more than
four hours per day).
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- AA degree in a computer science discipline, plus six years’
experience in web design and programming using JAVA, HTML, and ASP;
or a BS degree in computer science and two years’ experience.
- Prior higher education website creation and maintenance
- Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) certification
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Windows operating systems and
- IT Support and ITSM (Information Technology Service Management)
- Must provide samples of existing work.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, LinkedIn Learning, as well as
knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar
technology suite for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In
addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity