Community College of Philadelphia
The Technical Craft Specialist A - The Technical Craft Specialist A
- IT SCCM Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the
daily functions of the Software Automations Support Services team.
While providing exceptional customer service, this position
resolves support requests, research, automate and resolve complex
issues related to desktop deployment and imaging. This position
supports creating and maintaining the College's SCCM packages,
collections, advertisements, queries, and inventory of software
packages included in the creation of base desktop
• Provide support for the operations, changes, enhancements, and
upgrades to the College's desktop imaging and deployment
• Assist with the daily functions of the Technical Support Services
Desktop imaging and automation team.
• Demonstrate technical expertise in the creation and maintenance
of SCCM packages, collections, advertisements, queries, and
inventory software packages included in the creation of base
• Assist with the monitoring, maintenance, and administration of
the local SCCM site.
• Perform routine SCCM and Active Directory administration tasks;
research, test, and assist other staff on the use of new systems
management technologies and automation.
• Assist with implementing and enforcing desktop support and
deployment policies, procedures, and standards.
• Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade all computer systems.
. Provide assistance enforcing proper technical documentation and
standardized troubleshooting procedures and maintain the updated
database and mapping for SCCM configurations.
• Respond to telephone, email, and walk-in requests for Software
Automation or assistance in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate
customer service at all times.
• Log all requests for support using electronic ticketing systems
and handles all requests to full closure.
• Diagnose and correct desktop computing problems which may result
from system failure, system configuration, system errors, operator
errors, or operator inexperience whenever possible via the phone,
in person or remote desktop support.
• Ensure the integrity of support procedures, processes, and
documentation pertaining to the college-wide technical support
• Communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators
at all levels, technical and non-technical, to determine and ensure
all support needs are met.
• Work with ITS management, faculty, and staff to install and
upgrade classroom computer software.
• Deliver quality customer service to all internal constituents in
a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Work independently, determining priorities in unusual or
emergency situations and effectively escalating matters to
• Work collaboratively with college-wide resources, and/or vendors
to diagnose, isolate and resolve desktop computing problems as
• Assist with the maintenance of the inventory and deployment of
hardware and software college-wide, as directed.
• Maintain industry standards certifications in support of the
installed base equipment at the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse
academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of
varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic
• Other duties as assigned.
• A High School diploma or its equivalent (GED) required.
• At least five (5) years direct experience supporting Dell
systems, and mobile applications in a professional work environment
using, MS Windows and the MS Office Suite of applications for
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism
• Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow-through.
• Experience with SCCM client installation, software distribution,
remote management and driver database management required.
• Experience with SCCM Operating System and Application
deployments, Application Packaging and Microsoft software updates
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision making
• Experience with Active Directory discovery methods and creating
user, device and query collections required.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and reliable
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a
diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and
staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and
• Associates degree or equivalent course work is preferred. Any and
all degrees must be from a recognized institutional
• At least two (2) years experience working in a Microsoft AD
environment is preferred.
• Microsoft MCTA, MSCA or SCCM certification is preferred.
• Dell DCSE certification is preferred.
• Experience installing and configuring hardware/software is
Special Instructions to Applicants
Effective October 15, 2021, all College employees must (a) be
fully vaccinated, or (b) have submitted proof of their first shot
of a COVID-19 Vaccine and submit to regular testing until they are
fully vaccinated, or © obtain an approved exemption from the
College and submit to regular COVID testing as an
Interested persons should complete an online application.
Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
Names and contact information of 3 professional references
Review of applications will commence on October 29, 2021 and will
continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages
applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented
Salary Grade or Rank
$19.43 - $24.99
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note
the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least five (5) years of direct experience
supporting Dell systems, and mobile applications in a professional
work environment using, MS Windows and the MS Office Suite of
applications for Windows 10?
- * Do you have Microsoft MCTA, MSCA or SCCM certification?
- * Do you have at least two (2) years working in a Microsoft AD
- * Do you have a Dell DCSE certification?
- * Do you have experience installing and configuring
- * Do you have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends?
- * Do you possess and maintain a valid driver's license and
access to reliable transportation?
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application