Oregon Tech is seeking applications for a Recruitment and
Classification/Compensation Manager in the Office of Human
Resources. This is a 12 month, full-time position located on the
Oregon Tech campus in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Oregon Tech offers
competitive salaries with excellent benefits including
comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and
significant tuition discounts at the seven public universities in
Oregon. This position serves as a vital role in Oregon Tech’s quest
to recruit, hire, engage, and retain top talent across all job
classifications. The successful applicant will provide leadership
and guidance in: all aspects of recruitment, including executive
search assistance, furthering Oregon Tech’s affirmative action
goals, and developing recruitment strategies to attract diverse and
highly qualified applicants; conducting classification and
compensation reviews for classified and unclassified staff,
including pay equity analyses; onboarding and orientation; staff
training and development; and workforce analysis and assessments.
The Recruitment and Classification/Compensation Manager must
possess knowledge, skills, and abilities not only to perform these
tasks, but to assist in innovating and improving Oregon Tech’s
policies, processes, and strategies in these areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or relevant field. Any combination of relevant education and/or
experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a
- Four (4) or more years of progressively responsible human
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying laws, rules,
policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written, and oral
- A record of commitment to customer service and the application
of appropriate flexibility in response to issues and opposing
points of view.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-traffic and frequent
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to convey complex legal and policy information in a
clear, non-technical manner.
- Ability to address complex and potentially litigious issues
with multiple parties and interests in a professional, confidential
and unbiased manner.
- Ability to conduct public presentations in a concise, informed
and interactive manner on a variety of staff development and
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs including Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as databases and
- Ability to maintain comprehensive and clear records of actions,
findings, and source documents as indicated.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully work, communicate, and
collaborate in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings.
How to Apply: To review the full posting and to
apply, visit https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/4648.
For questions about this position please contact Search Committee
Chair Sarah Henderson-Wong at email@example.com.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Oregon Tech is
an AA/EEO/Vets/ADA employer.