The Cyber Range is seeking a talented software developer to
develop, maintain, and support the software and infrastructure for
the Cyber Range. This is a full-time position located in
Blacksburg, VA. The Software Developer will be working with
TypeScript, REST APIs, Vue.js, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda and other AWS
The Software Developer will work on projects ranging from
developing new UI features to designing new microservices in order
to deliver a high-quality service to users across 50 states and 3
We encourage inclusivity and cross-functionality in our team and
expect our future team-members to embrace these ideals. A
successful candidate must have the ability to communicate and
interact within a team, demonstrate a strong work ethic and
organization skills, work independently with minimal supervision,
and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited college
or university and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience with back-end development frameworks using Node.js and
- Experience with DynamoDB and AWS Lambda
- Experience with front-end web development using Vue.js
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. GitHub,
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment and on
individual projects independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work for VACR and develop a
long-term working relationship with us.
- Demonstrated experience developing REST APIs.
- Demonstrated experience developing a single page application
- Demonstrated experience designing noSQL data models.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to projects within an
Agile/Scrum development paradigm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering concepts, design
patterns, and quality attributes.
- Amazon AWS certifications such as DevOps and/or Solutions
Architect Associate/Pro levels
- Demonstrate a readiness to learn and stay connected with emerging
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal
conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination
or receive approval
from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical
condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim
(That I May Serve),
Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a
hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be
leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution
that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the
world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community
to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more
than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000
undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight
, a school of
, a veterinary
college, Graduate School
, and Honors College
. The university
has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus
in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in
Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices
. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech
conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or
applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including
pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, national origin, political affiliation, race,
religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise
discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about,
discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of
other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an
accommodation, please contact Travis DeGrandi
during regular business hours at
least 10 business days prior to the event.
October 14, 2021