About UC Clermont
UC Clermont is an
open-admissions, regional campus of the University of Cincinnati
located in Batavia, Ohio, with an enrollment of approximately 3,000
students. UC Clermont is committed to fostering diversity as well
as intellectual, cultural and social development in our community.
The College offers a variety of certificates, two-year technical
degrees and transfer programs, along with a number of baccalaureate
Cincinnati (UC) - Clermont College invites applications for a
tenure-track 9-month Assistant Professor of Mathematics position
beginning fall semester of 2022.
responsibilities include teaching 12-credit hours per term,
typically fall and spring semesters, ongoing scholarship/research,
and service to the Department, College, University, and Community.
All doctoral candidates must have their degree awarded prior to
their first semester of employment.
Teaching responsibilities include teaching both face-to-face and
online courses ranging from Pre-College mathematics to single and
multi-variable calculus, linear algebra, differential equations,
and potentially statistics to a diverse student population ranging
from high school students taking college courses, both traditional
and non-traditional students, and a sizable population of
first-generation college students. Candidates must demonstrate a
commitment to undergraduate education that includes Pre-College,
freshmen and sophomore level courses.
The candidate will provide evidence of excellence in mathematics
pedagogy and professional development.
- A doctorate in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Statics or
other closely related field.
- A minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter
credits) in Mathematics.
- Candidates must have doctorate prior to the effective date of
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- A minimum of one year of College-level teaching experience,
which can comprise graduate school instruction where the candidate
is the primary instructor rather than a recitation Teaching
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience in teaching mathematics and statistics courses in
both face-to-face and online environments.
- A commitment to high quality instruction and retention of
Pre-College mathematics students.
- Teaching experience with a diverse learner population including
first-generation college students.
- A commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching.
Additional Application Information and Required
To apply you must go to
The completed application must include the following documents.
Applications will not be considered if they do not contain the
- A letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the
- A current CV/Resume.
- A statement of applicant’s teaching philosophy, especially as
it relates to Pre-College, freshmen and sophomore mathematics and
- A statement of applicant’s interest in professional development
and/or scholarship activities.
- Summaries of available Peer and Student Evaluations.
- Contact information for three references, two of which should
address the candidates teaching credentials.
- Unofficial copies of academic transcripts (official will be
required at time of hire).
We cannot sponsor this position; therefore, to apply for this
position, you must be a US citizen or a valid US green card
Please direct your questions to:
Ms. Nancy Reveal
CC Academic Affairs
2400 Clermont College Drive
Batavia, OH. 45103
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE
REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and
culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an
inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment.
As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include
a Contribution to Diversity and
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution,
if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security
system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees
have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS,
STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action /
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability /