Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University's Facilities Management department is seeking a
qualified candidate to serve as Custodial Supervisor on the
University City campus.
This is typically a Monday to Friday, day shift position however
some weekends or evenings may be periodically required to support
university operations or events.
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate assigned custodial employees.
Ensure adherence with the Union Contract and University policies
- Oversee the cleaning of the facilities by inspecting the sites
regularly and maintaining standards established by department.
- Report and coordinate building mechanical malfunctions and
maintenance corrections with appropriate members of
- Prepare work schedules for custodial staff, assign work duties
and supervise the completion of assignments. Track time and manage
weekly payroll for assigned employees using the time clock
- Operate various types of equipment and machinery for the
purpose of training staff, which may include but are not limited to
stripping machines, buffing machines, hand trucks, water vacuums,
vacuum cleaner, shampoo machines, etc.
- Use the work order system to manage customer requests and
preventative maintenance. Coordinate event requests and special
- Assist Grounds with snow removal as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of Five (5) years experience in custodial maintenance,
preferably at an educational or health care facility
- Two (2) years supervisory experience in custodial maintenance,
preferably at an educational or health care facility, with direct
responsibility for unionized staff.
- Knowledge of operation of battery operated equipment.
- Experience with snow removal preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency using a computer required.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
- Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For
more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Oct 14 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Nov 15 2021 Eastern Standard Time