Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health invites
applicants for the position of Administrative Coordinator for the
new Drexel FIRST program, funded by the National Institutes of
Health. The FIRST program maintains a focus on catalyzing systemic
change at Drexel University to support diverse faculty in health
disparities research. This multi-year, multi-million dollar project
is seeking a detail-oriented, organized, personable individual to
support the activities of the program. The successful candidate
will also provide support for other related strategic initiatives
around faculty development, health equity and related areas.
- Supporting the program manager and multiple PIs in various
administrative tasks related to the oversight and management of the
Drexel FIRST Program including but not limited to: staffing and
scheduling meetings of the three cores (administrative, faculty
development and evaluation) and meetings of the internal and
external advisory boards and corresponding with FIRST program
participants among others, taking minutes, and tracking action
items and follow up activities. Assisting with MPI and co
investigator with travel arrangements related to FIRST
- Assisting in the scheduling and organization (identifying
space, dissemination, coordinating AV needs, confirming speakers
etc) of all Drexel FIRST related events including seminars,
workshops and training activities.
- Assisting with regular communications activities and supporting
the program manager and other staff in maintenance of the website
as well as development and dissemination of newsletters.
- Assisting with search committee and recruitment activities
including scheduling visits and putting together itineraries for
- Supporting reporting activities to NIH.
- Processing payments and purchases using University
- Other duties as assigned by the program manager and MPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and excellent
communication skills, ability to multitask and work with a large
team with diverse needs.
- Ability to handle high volume of complex assignments while
maintaining control and appropriate attention to program and
budgetary details and deadlines.
- Excellent administrative skills required and the ability to
- Can work independently and has demonstrated complex
- Proficiency using computer software programs including MS
Office365 and Adobe DC.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as non-exempt with a salary grade of I.
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Oct 14 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Dec 22 2021 Eastern Standard Time