The Regional Project/Facilities Director is responsible for
planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designed
capital projects and other facilities management functions, under
the supervision of the Chief Facilities Officer, and assisting the
Alabama Community College System (ACCS) by interfacing with
colleges. Additionally, the Regional Project/Facilities Director
will prepare and analyze the needs for new construction,
renovations, and other facility improvements. The Director will
work with the ACCS colleges to help with the selection of
architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Perform daily operations of the Facilities Division including
maintaining paper and electronic files, reports, and making updates
to the ACCS.
- Maintain communication with administration, staff and college
employees as appropriate concerning processes, goals, projects,
- Travel to project sites and colleges 3-4 days per week and
office time 1-2 days per week. It is anticipated the number
of projects managed at any one time may average up to twelve or
more major capital projects pending the workload of the ACCS.
- Provide and maintain procedures to identify facility needs and
analyze current facility utilization across the college
- Provide and maintain procedures for project and facilities
- Respond to facilities related questions and concerns within the
- Visit job sites regularly to ensure policies and procedures are
in place for the Owners’ Designated Representative
- Provide training and assistance to educate ACCS facility
directors and managers, and maintenance personnel regarding
Facilities policies and procedures of the ACCS.
- Review and provide recommendations for capital projects and
facilities items to be considered by the ACCS senior administration
and the Board of Trustees.
- Review construction contracts for the ACCS. Review and
recommend change orders for capital projects. Review and
recommend the selection of design professionals (architect,
engineer, etc.) for projects and services.
- Monitor capital project processes within the ACCS and work with
third parties as needed to ensure adequate project controls and
compliance with adopted state building codes.
- Develop, implement, and execute the standardization of system
policies, procedures, and best practices throughout the
- Develop, implement, and evaluate programs and strategies
designed to create and maintain safe, functional, secure, clean,
attractive, and orderly facilities and grounds.
- Analyze problems and identify solutions, forecasting
consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations to
support desired outcomes.
- Assist colleges with energy management and facilities
management items (maintenance, grounds, custodial operations,
- Assist colleges with planning, space utilization, needed
resources for new or reorganized buildings.
- Assist colleges responding appropriately to emergencies or
- Ensure regular Owner Architect Contractor (OAC) meetings are
documented to identify and track action items and
- Prepare monthly status reports and cost projections.
Review for accuracy the processing of invoices.
- Oversee projects from project initiation to close out.
Oversee development and adherence to pre-construction schedules and
construction milestones. Oversee the accuracy and timely
tracking of submittals, RFI's and other critical project
- Assist with development and review of cost estimates at
appropriate stages of design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Science, Construction Management,
Civil Engineering, Facilities Management, or related field.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of higher education construction
experience in extensive project management of large, complex
facility construction and on-site experience in the management of
new construction and the renovation of existing
- Experience in providing construction project evaluation and
oversight from planning to completion, for new construction and
renovation of existing facilities.
- Understanding of advanced principles and practices of
budgeting, accounting, and procurement to manage construction
- Proficient in the use of email, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), and project management scheduling software.
- Valid Driver's License.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification.
- Proven track record of successful and demonstrated project
- Knowledge of building products, codes, terms, and practices in
the construction industry.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication
skills, including writing.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently,
effectively, and productively.
- Strong experience negotiating and managing contracts.
- Great attention to detail, follow through, and follow up.
- Proficient in budget management.
- Degree in Business Management.
- Experience working with Suretrak, Project, P6, Procore, Revit,
VICO, or equivalent.
- Certification from one or more of the following:
CMAA – Certified Construction
APPA – Certified Educational Facilities Professional (CEFP)
AGC – Certificate of Management-Building Information Modeling
AGC – Certificate of Management-Lean Construction (CM-Lean)
U.S. Green Building Council – LEED AP BD+C certification
- Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) – Design-Build
HOW TO APPLY:
**DO NOT APPLY TO THIS WEBSITE**
Applicants must submit a current résumé, a completed System
application form (available online at www.accs.edu), a letter of interest
describing qualifications, a separate list of three
professional references with contact information, and a copy of
unofficial transcripts indicating degree and date conferred.
Applications will be accepted by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org),
postal mail, or hand delivery. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
PACKETS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. PLEASE DO NOT STAPLE
An application form may be downloaded at www.accs.edu. Complete application
packets must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. CST on October 29,
2021. For additional information contact Nikita Payne at
334-293-4603 or email@example.com or
Charlene Finkelstein at 334-293-4628 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mail applications to:
Alabama Community College System
Human Resources Dept.
Attn: Ms. Charlene Finkelstein
P. O. Box 302130
Montgomery, AL 36130-2130
(Application materials may be delivered
in person (in a sealed envelope) to 135 S. Union
The Alabama Community College System is an equal opportunity
employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College
System, including all postsecondary community and technical
colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System
Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or
promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or
characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national
origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any
other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be
excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be
subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a
satisfactory criminal background investigation. This employer
participates in E-Verify. The Alabama
Community College System reserves the right to withdraw this job
announcement at any time prior to the awarding.