Career Opportunity Number
Human Resources Coordinator
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Accounting, Business
Management or related area.
* One (1) year administrative support, accounting, or human
resources related experience.
* Minimum qualification can be substituted with an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully
perform the essential duties of the job.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
* Experience with employee compensation and Onboarding.
* HR Certification (I.E. SPHR / PHR or SHRM -CP/ SHRM -CP)
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required
to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
The annual salary is $52,472. A competitive benefit package is
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Cover letter, resume, and transcripts are required and must be
attached to the online application in order to receive any
* Interviews will be conducted by a hiring committee.
Incumbents coordinate the operations of an assigned human resources
function, and perform professional level work in assigned
* EOE /M/F/Vet/Disabled
Typical Essential Duties
• Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work;
conducting performance evaluations; coordinating staff training;
and implementing hiring, discipline, and termination
• Verifies, processes, enters, extracts, and/or updates employee
data into systems; maintains database, systems, documentation, and
journal entries and other records; and prepares and reviews
reports; work may involve analyzing, verifying, and approving
information and requests to ensure that information is accurate,
consistent, and complies with applicable laws, policies, and
• Identifies, analyzes, and troubleshoots problems/discrepancies
related to human resources-related operations and processes; work
may involve providing guidance to employees on related matters,
evaluating information and processes, and making recommendations to
improve operational and process efficiency.
• Coordinates with employees, students, new hires, staff,
supervisors, retirees, and other internal and external staff,
departments, and agencies to communicate specific, technical,
and/or general information; provide customer service; resolve
discrepancies and other issues requiring specialized knowledge; and
facilitate departmental operations.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
• This job description is intended to represent only the key areas
of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary
depending on the business needs of the department.
· Knowledge of supervisory principles;
· Knowledge of computers and related software applications;
· Knowledge of customer service principles;
· Knowledge of human resources principles and practices in assigned
area of responsibility;
· Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules,
regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
· Knowledge of mathematical principles;
· Knowledge of analytical methods;
· Skilled in supervising full- and part-time staff;
· Skilled in using computers and related software
· Skilled in preparing reports;
· Skilled in providing customer service;
· Skilled in interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules,
regulations, policies and procedures;
· Skilled in monitoring legal and regulatory changes;
· Skilled in maintaining confidentiality;
· Skilled in analyzing processes and making recommendations for
· Skilled in gathering, interpreting, and presenting data in clear
and concise formats
· Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
No staffing table positions.
Positions in this class typically require: feeling, grasping,
hearing, fingering, reaching, repetitive motion, standing, talking,
visual acuity, and walking. The work is sedentary work which
requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * How much full-time, directly-related work experience do you
have in a human resources environment, as supported by the
employment history listed on your online application?
- less than one year
- between 1 and 2 years
- between 2 and 3 years
- between 3 and 4 years
- between 4 and 5 years
- five years or more
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02