The Implementation Coordinator will support the implementation
efforts of various violence prevention and school safety projects
at the Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence (CSPV). The
successful candidate will have strong skills in relationship
building and should be detail oriented, adaptable, and a great
teammate. This position will contribute to several CSPV projects
that aim to translate research-informed approaches into practice in
both schools and communities. This includes (but is not limited to)
supporting projects to deliver training and technical assistance to
rural Colorado schools, assisting with the development of
implementation processes and/or trainings related to violence
prevention for partners in Boulder and Metro Denver, building
comprehensive school safety systems with research partners from
Indonesia, and providing consultation on topics related to violence
prevention and school safety.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For almost 30 years, CSPV has partnered with community members,
practitioners, and policy makers to bridge the gap between research
and practice on violence prevention in schools and communities.
Within our work, we value equity and dedicate ourselves to using
our skills and expertise to dismantle all systems of oppression so
that everyone can achieve their full human potential. CSPV is
located within the Institute of Behavioral Science at the
University of Colorado Boulder, to learn more about our Center and
current projects, please visit our website – https://cspv.colorado.edu/
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Contribute to planning and coordination of various school
safety and violence prevention projects at CSPV.
- Develop materials to support project tasks (e.g., PowerPoints,
- Communicate with project partners regarding support, training,
resources, and scheduling.
- Coordinate survey administration with sites.
- Download and create basic reports for internal discussion and
- Data entry as needed.
Collaboration with Partners and Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain positive, healthy relationships with CSPV
- Collaborate with CSPV staff and partners to support systems and
strategies for violence prevention.
- Assist with planning and facilitation of internal and external
meetings using developed practices and processes.
- Clearly articulate (verbal/written) information related to
project implementation to various audiences including schools,
parents, community stakeholders, grant funders, etc.
Service to the Organization
What You Should Know
- Contribute to a healthy, inclusive, and safe work
- Participate in internal meetings and activities to enhance
organizational collaboration and learning.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
What We Can Offer
- This is a grant funded position.
- Willingness and ability to travel in-state to support projects
or attend conferences, averaging up to 15% of the time.
- Must have a reliable means of travel.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be adaptable. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with schools or communities on
- Experience facilitating meetings and discussions with people
from various backgrounds.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- An ability to work with a variety of internal and external
partners with a diverse set of backgrounds.
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a multidisciplinary
- Flexibility to perform various roles and learn new skills
within a changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Willingness to travel in-state using your own
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to
the mission of CSPV.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience presenting information to large groups of
- Knowledge of safety practices and violence prevention
strategies in schools and/or communities.
- Background and experience within at least one of our areas of
focus (e.g., youth mental health, school culture and climate,
threat assessment, etc.).
- Familiarity with data collection and survey platforms (e.g.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly
describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific
interest in this position.
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified
by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources department using an
approved online vendor. If your degree was obtained outside of the
United States, please submit a translated version as an optional
Review of applications will begin October 12, 2021. Applications
submitted by November 22, 2021 will receive full consideration. The
position will remain open until filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: