Application Database Administrator I
This position will serve as the Systems Analyst responsible for
determining the data needs of a customer and translating them into
system specifications including, but not limited to completing
evaluations of software, translating business requirements into
data deliverables and Reporting to the Interim Senior Director of
Information Systems, the incumbent will provide and support
computer information systems for UF Advancement, including support
for the Advancement CRM software suite through process analysis,
configuration consultation, problem resolution, and reporting.
Additionally, the incumbent will serve as project leader by
actively participating in the development of data conversion
deliverables, managing programming, testing, quality control, and
providing ongoing support to users through training, maintenance
and troubleshooting. Remote work option available.
Role and Responsibilities:
Legacy System Conversion
- Develop project plans and targets/milestones for completing
projects on time, document projects tasks, provide status updates,
manage time effectively, set expectations for timely completion of
tasks, and alerts leadership to blocker issues and project
- Serve as project leader by actively participating in the
development of systems, managing programming, testing, quality
control, and providing ongoing support to users through training,
maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Integrate information into our existing business and
information technology systems to improve the workflow of our
company and improve its overall communication and work
- Expertise in translating documented business requirements into
the needed SQL object (table, view, stored procedure)
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards and best practices to
ensure all deliverables meet those standards.
- Develop data models and related data and information
architectures, including databases, data integrations, metadata and
- Provide input on the architecture of all data and analytics
products in the Advancement CRM product suite, and assess CRM
functionality, workflows and integrations from a data
- Contribute to the data and analytics strategy by partnering
with stakeholders to maximize the value of information assets and
ensure alignment with UFA strategic goals. Supports effective
information governance by providing input to senior leadership on
- Familiarity working with large and complex datasets.
- Execute SQL queries on millions of rows & multiple tables
in performing data validation to ensure data accuracy & data
- Knowledge of data modeling principles/methods including
conceptual, logical & physical Data Models.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in data and analytics and
uses this knowledge to bring the most effective solutions for using
data in the CRM.
- Proactively create automated scripts to ensure the integrity of
biographic, prospective donor, donation, volunteer, and event data;
work with administrative staff to flag other data integrity issues
for manual correction; and work with appropriate staff to make any
necessary changes to business processes.
- Perform routine uploading and downloading of data.
- Promote the uniformity of the programming effort by
contributing to, adhering to, and updating standards and guidelines
maintained for the unit.
- Effectively resolve complex problems by conducting a thorough
analysis of the problems and employing appropriate strategies for
- Assist in the creation of policies and procedures that
efficiently enhance data integrity.
- Collaborate with staff originating, handling, processing, or
receiving reports to identify problems and gather suggestions for
- Assist with providing technical support to the office as
needed, by investigating, troubleshooting, and solving minor user
questions related to database information.
- Develop instructions for programmer/analysts by creating
detailed design specifications including system narratives, file
layouts, screen layouts, report layouts, and program narratives and
develops and maintains documentation for systems including system
overviews, training materials, and troubleshooting guides.
- Configure and support custom and purchased University-wide
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high
school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may
substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Three to four years progressively responsible SQL programming
experience in the Client/Server, Oracle or other relational
- Three years of database experience in a college or university
- Strong logical thinking and analytical skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent
written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and
the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Incumbent must be able to work independently and is detail
- Customer service experience.
- Professional interpersonal skills and have the ability to work
well with diverse constituencies.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Teams
- Experience with Salesforce or other fundraising database or CRM
- Experience with Oracle SQL and MySQL using tools such as PL/SQL
Developer or Toad Data Point
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, such as Cognos or
- Experience with a programming languages such as Java or
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage or other ETL
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace
in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project
management skills; experience in a data-driven environment;
organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and
motivate others are required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resume, and three references.
A valid Florida driver license is required upon 6 months of hire
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: