The Human Resources Secretary coordinates office services and
provides support for the human resources team in an administrative
capacity. The position supports the development of regular and
ad-hoc reports and may perform duties of a sensitive and
confidential nature. The position also provides direct secretarial
support such as appointments, correspondence, data compilation and
filing. The Human Resources Secretary is also responsible to
provide customer-oriented quality service to the students, faculty,
staff, applicants, and guests of Baltimore City Community College,
displaying exceptional organization, professionalism, excellent
communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Greets visitors, answers phones, and responds to inquiries or
directs callers and guests to appropriate staff.
- Interacts with applicants that may contact the Human Resources
department with questions.
- Navigates applicant tracking system; posts positions; forwards
resumes to hiring managers; closes filled positions.
- Schedules interviews as necessary via Zoom or other similar
- Takes minutes at the Departmental HR Meetings.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting,
editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence.
- Manages department schedule by maintaining calendars for select
department personnel and arranging meetings, conferences,
teleconferences, and travel.
- Maintains confidentiality in all elements of work
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer
instructions and established procedures. Secures information by
completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops and reading secretarial publications.
- Produce presentations as needed to achieve departmental goals
(e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) Ensures quality, accuracy, and
completeness of work activities and products;
- Plans activities in advance to insure that all assignments are
completed in a timely and quality manner; Checks, and rechecks work
for mistakes before distribution;
- Performs routine or repetitious tasks with care and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree
- Four (4) years of related administrative assistant or customer
service experience required
- Must be computer literate – MS Office Suite, Zoom
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound organizational skills and abilities
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment of
changing priorities and goals