Under general supervision, maintains electrical service to
university owned buildings. Maintains branch circuits for
convenience outlets, lighting, motors and controllers. Maintains
emergency power circuits.
- Inspects and repairs electrical service within buildings,
including electrical distribution, branch circuits, associated
breakers and distribution panels.
- Inspects and repairs emergency power circuits within buildings,
to include distribution and branch circuits.
- Repairs/replaces damaged or faulty electrical devices in
electrical distribution throughout buildings, i.e., breakers,
wiring, controllers, convenience outlets, light fixtures, lights,
- Completes work orders, emergency tickets and preventative
- Works with outside electrical supplier (HL&P) to ensure
that all power lines are free of obstacles; works with suppliers
and outside contractors in restoring overhead power to
- Serves on special task force during periods of emergency, such
as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- THIS JOB REQUIRES A VALID TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE.
High school and 1 year experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to
the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Note: Applicants please provide your Journeyman
Electrician License number with application submission.
This position is an essential position for Facilities and
Construction Management. Essential position you will
required to perform the work needed if directed by
management even when the office is closed and may be required to
report to work.