Manages, coordinates and administers one or more large and complex
construction projects with a specific timeframe and funding amount
in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Manages new construction and renovation projects from concept
to completion and assures the needs and priorities of the
University are fully understood and integrated by all parties.
- Supervises the activities of subordinates including project
managers and outside consultants to ensure compliance with
established University standards and requirements/guidelines and
- Prepares project budgets and facilitates the processing of
construction consultant proposals. Maintains responsibility for
procurement, bidding, negotiating, construction and closeout as
required to support the planning and construction phases of
- Maintains and monitors project expenditures and schedules to
ensure that the project stays within the approved budget and
- Coordinates project activities; assigns tasks and provides
guidance to construction project managers and other personnel
responsible for specific functions or phases of construction
- Oversees and manages assigned construction projects to ensure
project aspects of scope, budget, schedule, and contract compliance
are carried out in accordance with specified objectives; ensures
the work of contractors and consultants abides by University
standards and contractual requirements.
- Develops, implements and manages appropriate policies and
procedures regarding construction project administration and
assures adherence by all project contractors and consultants;
Prepares project reports and schedules as requires and
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related
Additional Information/ Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or
similar technical degree program.
- Solid and strong background of Project Management
- PMP or Construction Management Certifications a plus
- Experience managing others / High Level of customer service
- Previous higher education construction management experience a
- This is a multi-posting. The department will hire two
candidates from this one requisition.
Applicants attach 3 professional references with your
Notes to Applicant:
Please include a minimum of 3
professional references with your attachments.