The Congdon School of Health Sciences at High Point University
invites applications for an open search for a full-time 12-month,
faculty position in Anatomy at the Assistant/Associate Professor
rank (non-tenure). The candidate will join a team of anatomists who
will teach undergraduate and graduate anatomy in the Congdon School
of Health Sciences http://www.highpoint.edu/healthsciences/.
The anticipated start date for this position is August 1,
2022. Applications will be accepted until the position is
The position is a unique interdisciplinary appointment with
primary teaching responsibilities that would encompass: 1) graduate
gross anatomy in Biomedical Sciences, 2.) undergraduate human
anatomy and advanced human anatomy with human cadaveric dissection
in Exercise Science, and 3) forensic anthropology in the Forensic
Studies minor. The faculty member will be joining a team of
anatomists in a brand new, state-of-the-art anatomy laboratory and
anatomical gifts program. The faculty member will share research
space with the other Congdon School of Health Sciences
The Congdon School of Health Sciences is the academic home to
the undergraduate Exercise Science program and graduate programs in
Medical Sciences, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies and
Athletic Training. The Department of Exercise Science
offers a BS in Exercise Science and is affiliated with the Human
Biomechanics and Physiology Laboratory
The newly formed Department of Medical Sciences https://www.highpoint.edu/biomedical-science/
will offer graduate degrees in the following programs pending
SACCOCs accreditation: Proposed Master’s in Biomedical
Sciences, Proposed Masters in Healthcare Administration, and a
Proposed Doctorate in Medical Science. The Department of Sociology
and Anthropology offers the Forensic Studies Minor:
- D. in Anatomy or related field.
- Academic qualifications to teach within Forensic
- Postdoctoral experience and strong academic credentials in the
discipline of anatomy or related field.
- American Board of Forensic Anthropology certification or
intention to pursue certification.
Experience and Training:
- Academic teaching experience on the undergraduate or graduate
Tenure-track eligible candidates need the following:
- Develop a research agenda.
- Publish peer-reviewed manuscripts.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with
- Contribute to the educational and research missions of the
departments, school, and university
- Record of excellence in teaching and research, and a
commitment to excellence in Anatomy education
- Participation in didactic and laboratory teaching activities
for graduate gross anatomy, undergraduate anatomy, and in a
forensic anthropology curricula. Fall and Spring course teaching
would be determined in collaboration with the Department
- Collaborate with existing team of anatomy faculty in Exercise
Science, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies in the
design and delivery of curricula.
- Serve as an instructor for graduate gross anatomy,
undergraduate anatomy, and in forensic anthropology curricula.
- Open to mentorship and advisement of students with
preprofessional and graduate school goals in the Department of
- Communicate teaching and research activities through frequent
and effective communication with the Department Chairs.
- Publish scientific findings in discipline-specific
peer-reviewed journals and present research at national and
- Interdisciplinary interactions between the Departments of
Exercise Science, Physical therapy, Physician Assistant Studies,
Medical Sciences, and Athletic Training in areas of research,
education, and service.
- Advance the service missions of the Departments of Exercise
Science and Medical Sciences, Congdon School of Health Sciences,
High Point University, and local community.
- Act as a representative and advocate for the departments,
school, and the university.
- Actively participate in committees within the departments,
school, and university in professional and governmental
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to
ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an
inspiring environment with caring people. High Point
University is a God, family and country school.
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High
Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected
statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission
and encourages all applicants to apply.
All applicants must submit the following AS ONE
DOCUMENT: A letter of interest addressing qualifications,
curriculum vitae with complete professional and academic history,
an unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded, and names
and contact information of three professional references. For
additional information please contact: Dr. Dan Tarara, Chair,
Department of Exercise Science, email@example.com, Office:
(336) 841-4604 Applications can be submitted through the
following portal link: https://highpoint.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Highpoint-Faculty