The purpose of this class is to provide administrative,
instructional management and leadership for the Nursing Assistant
and other nursing related programs in a manner consistent with
established College policies and procedures. The Program Director
is responsible for all aspects of the program, including the
organization, administration, continuous review, planning,
development, and general effectiveness of the program. This
includes supervising full and part-time staff and students,
providing a liaison to health care affiliates and representing the
college on a local, state, and national level.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a
candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the
field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland
and Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Minimum
of five (5) years nursing experience, at least one (1) year of
those years caring for the elderly or chronically ill in the past
five (5) years. Two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
Three (3) years of teaching experience required, preferably as a
Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) approved faculty. Prior experience
and proficient in curriculum design, program administration &
planning, and instructional methodology. Experience with adult
education and online learning platforms preferred. Candidates must
meet MBON requirement to teach Geriatric Nursing Assistant and
academic qualifications for consideration.
Class Specific Essential Duties
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Provide the day to day management of the assigned programs,
including supervision of full-time instructional specialist and
adjunct faculty and staff.
- Coordinate the scheduling of faculty, courses, and facilities
within assigned programs.
- Seek continuous improvement in teaching (classroom and on-line)
methodology and student centered learning.
- Work collaboratively to achieve departmental, divisional and/or
- Participate with the hiring and evaluation of assigned
- Maintain Nursing Certification and remain current in Nursing
Assistant/Geriatric Nursing Assistant and other related Allied
Health disciplines if applicable.
- Participate with other staff in developing and managing
courses, and curricula.
- Maintain laboratories, supplies and/or equipment.
- Remain knowledgeable about the College, its structure, culture,
policies, practices and the Nursing related programs.
- Attend regular meetings with the Continuing Education Staff,
Allied Health advisory groups, Maryland Board of Nursing, and other
meetings as requested.
- Serve as an advocate for the College and its students, as
- Develop curriculum that meets the Maryland Board of Nursing
- Teach assigned courses, utilizing strategies and activities to
promote student engagement and enhanced student learning.
- Follow established rules and guidelines of the accrediting body
- Maintain appropriate communication with Maryland Board of
Nursing to facilitate continued program compliance and
- Develop, coordinate and monitor all course paperwork.
- Evaluate student achievement on a regular basis using valid
- Supervise students during nursing clinical placements and
maintain and organize student clinical records. Coordinate
Certification Exams for students.
- Maintain current and develop new clinical affiliations for
student clinical placement.
- Perform administrative duties that may include teacher
mentoring or other similar duties.
- Provide leadership to assigned program areas within the Health
and Human Services division.
- Attend regular meetings with the Continuing Education Senior
- Coordinate development and revision of the Nursing Assistant
and other assigned program course curriculum including
descriptions, syllabi, outlines and lesson plans.
- Assist instructors in the development of learning objectives.
Provides leadership and support in the professional development of
program instructional staff.
- Coordinates the evaluation of teaching.
- Conducts formal and informal counseling of students and
- Accurately forecast, and track annual unit revenue and FTE
generation for the Nursing Assistant program.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
CCBC Full Time Benefits At A Glance
Health and Medical
Prescription Drug Benefits:
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Cigna Open Access Plus In Network (OAPIN)
- For CIGNA Plans - included in Cigna Plan Medical Premiums
- Kaiser - included in Kaiser Medical Premium
Emotional, drug/alcohol abuse treatment, both inpatient and
outpatient, provided when pre-approved. Premium included in medical
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Traditional
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Preferred
Flexible Spending Accounts
- CareFirst Blue Cross /Blue Shield/ Davis Vision
- Benefit Strategies Health Spending Account $2,600
- Benefit Strategies Dependent Care (children under 13 and elder
Financial Term Life Insurance: MetLife
Permanent Whole Life Insurance: Unum
- Employee Basic Life Insurance is 1 times your salary with a
minimum of $50,000 (90/10)
- Employee Supplemental Life Insurance is available in multiples
of $10,000 with a maximum of $200,000. Supplemental Term Life
Insurance is available for spouse (increments of $10,000 to a
maximum of 50% of employee combined basic and supplemental amount)
and dependents ($10,000). Supplemental Term Life Insurance is 100%
Accidental Death & Dismemberment: The Hartford
- Permanent Whole Life Insurance with Optional Long Term Care
rider available through Unum. Available to full-time employees,
part-time associates, and adjunct faculty.
- Spouse and dependent coverage available. Permanent Whole Life
Insurance accrues cash value, premiums will not increase, and
coverage will not decrease. Permanent Whole Life Insurance is 100%
Individual or Family Coverage. Employee pays a rate in multiples of
$10,000 to a maximum of $300,000.
Plan pays 60% of gross monthly salary after 90 consecutive days of
absence. Employee pays 100% of premium.
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Maryland State Teacher’s Pension System (7% contributory)
- Optional Retirement Plan (non-contributory)
- Baltimore County Employees’ Retirement System (7%
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Legal Resources is a pre-paid legal voluntary benefit for advice,
consultation and representation for commonly used legal
First Financial Federal Credit Union membership available to
It's convenient, safe, reliable and saves time. No waiting for your
check on payday. The money is already in your account, whether you
are at work or on vacation. Mandatory payroll direct deposit allows
employees the control and flexibility of directing their pay to
different accounts at any bank, in any location.
Work and Family Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Cigna
Free personal advocates assisting you and any household member to
resolve any issues.
Paid Leave Benefits
Academic, Bereavement, Sick and Safe Leave, Jury Duty, Religious
Holidays, Military Leave, Sabbatical, Personal, Vacation, and
Eligible full-time employees may qualify for waiver or
reimbursement programs. Spouses and legal dependents up to age 22
are eligible for reimbursement with proof of successful completion
and a C or better grade. Employee’s eligible for Tuition Assistance
become eligible for the external Tuition reimbursement program the
first semester after one calendar year of employment. Eligibility
for waiver or reimbursement for CCBC courses begins after the
completion of a 90 day probation for public safety and classified
Academic Cash Award
Classified employees are eligible for a lump sum award of $500 for
completion of an unduplicated college degree.
McDaniel College’s Educator’s Legacy Scholarship
CCBC is proud to offer an exciting new benefit to all
benefits-eligible employees! Read more »
McDaniel College has extended its Educator’s Legacy Scholarship
(ELS) program to CCBC benefits-eligible employees. CCBC is among
the inaugural community college partners.
Children of ANY current full-time benefits-eligible CCBC
with at least four years of continuous full-time
employment are eligible to receive a scholarship valued at up to
$100,000 over four (4) years.
The scholarship will first take effect in the fall semester. The
CCBC Employee Benefits Team will provide verification of
employment. Excellent teaching is McDaniel College's priority and
its legacy. The College's expert faculty-mentors empower students
to achieve their personal best, and many graduates go on to become
top K-12 educators.
Since 2010, four of McDaniel's graduates were named state Teachers
of the Year, including the 2011 National Teacher of the Year
Michelle Shearer. McDaniel is ranked among Money
50 Best Liberal Arts Colleges and offers more than
70 undergraduate programs of study. The personalized curriculum and
student-faculty collaboration develop the unique potential in every
student. McDaniel College welcomes the sons and daughters of CCBC
Mandated Federal Benefits
Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Social
For Your Convenience
- ATM machines are available at each of the main campuses
- Check cashing with appropriate ID
- Free Parking
- Access to weight lifting facilities, swimming pool and