The Student Engagement Coordinator is an entry level
administrative staff position within the TRIO Programs Department
that has primary responsibility for Student Engagement Services,
maintaining a participant caseload, and supporting recruitment and
programming within the Student Support Services program
Essential Duties, Tasks and
Student Retention Efforts
- Supports Student Support Services functions including
programming, reporting, assessment, outreach and recruitment
- Coordinate student engagement activities with Summer Link, TRIO
Connections and other SSS program activities and events during the
- Responsible for teaching during the TRIO Summer Link Program,
First Year courses (BG1910), as well as various TRIO workshops and
- Recruit, hire and train TRIO Mentors each year.
- Monitor mentoring activities and programming and assist mentors
in resolving any issues that may arise.
Works one-on-one with current students on caseload, providing
academic and career advising, financial and economic literacy,
graduate school assistance and assistance with personal/social
issues and concerns.
Attend professional meetings, conferences and workshops and
perform committee assignments as approved by the Director
Provide assistance and support to the Director and Assistant
Director and completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Demonstrated experience working in the areas of student
programming in a university or college setting
- Demonstrated advising or student success coaching
- Evidence of successful collaboration with faculty, staff, and
- Demonstrated ability to work from a place of cultural
competence to support an inclusive environment
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience in group
presentations, writing, and editing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning outcomes, assessment, and
- Demonstrated ability to provide programmatic oversight and
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and assess new and
existing programs and services
- Evidence of ability to incorporate student learning and
development philosophy into services and programs
- Demonstrated skills as a team player.
- Familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, and database
applications as well as internet and email
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be
required to upload a written response to the diversity and
inclusion question listed below. The Diversity
Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with
1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a
role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration; College
Student Personnel; Counseling; or Leadership Studies, Education,
Arts and Humanities. Degree must be conferred at the time of
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years of program development experience in leadership and
- 1 year event planning experience
- 1 year of training/teaching or student coaching experience
The following experience is preferred:
- 1 year of student and/or organization advising
- 6-12 months of assessment activities
Full-time, Administrative staff position available.
Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate
with education and experience. Full benefit package
Deadline to apply: October 28,
For a complete job description & to apply for this position
visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or
contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU.
AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green
State University, please call 419-372-8421.