Coordinator of Clinical Learning for Health Careers
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate Dean of Nursing Programs
- RN licensure in Illinois.
- Two years clinical experience as RN.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Expressed competency with Microsoft Suite, web page editing,
portal page accuracy, and instructional technology.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills; Ability
to maintain confidentiality, work independently,
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented; capable of
preparing reports and maintaining defined records.
- Able to demonstrate Morton College core values of compassion,
fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and truth.
- Experience in Staff Development, Organizational development, or
Teaching in health career department.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare administration,
With Associate Dean and Department Chair, coordinates clinical
learning experiences. This includes confirming student and faculty
preparedness for presence on clinical sites. Monitors clinical
affiliation currency and completeness. Facilitates clinical site
evaluation, including but not limited to evaluation of site as a
learning experience and site representatives’ evaluation of student
and faculty. Coordinates graduate employer evaluation of graduates.
Promotes the program. Assists Associate Dean and Program Chair with
mandatory report generation, i.e., IBON, ACEN, ICCB .
Specific Job Duties
- With Associate Dean/Department Chair and Coordinator of
Clinical Learning for Health Careers with input into classroom and
Simulation and Coordinator of Simulation and Lab Learning, complete
the clinical learning orientation schedule.
- Confirms program and student readiness for clinical learning
experiences. This includes but is not limited to:
- Communication of student and faculty compliance with clinical
site preparedness related to meeting health requirements, current
CPR and their updating;
- Communication with clinical site liaison needed information
about students, names, clinical outcomes;
- Arranges for orientation of new clinical faculty to clinical
- Communicates clinical required information to students and
clinical learning experiences. This includes but is not limited to:
- Clinical orientation information;
- Electronic health record training.
- Participates in program orientation sessions to present
clinical requirements, CPR, uniform standards.
- Manage clinical site affiliation agreement
- Need for renewal of agreements.
- Tracking new affiliation agreements completion.
- Express thank you to clinical sites and/or present
“certificates of appreciation” to clinical sites and preceptors at
end of course/semester.
- Conduct clinical site feedback activities to include but not
- Students/faculty feedback on the clinical learning
- Clinical site representative feedback on student learning
experience and clinical faculty performance;
- Graduate employer feedback;
- Make visits to clinical sites at least one time per year.
- Use/adopt software aimed at enhancing clinical experience
readiness i.e.: Castlebranch.
- With Associate Dean/Department Chair, determine advisory
committee membership. Participates in Advisory committee
- With Associate Dean/Department Chair, complete regulatory and
accreditation requirements. This includes managing data for the
Program’s Systematic Plan of Evaluation.
- Promote the program by:
- Updating Program web page;
- Representing the Nursing Program at College or Clinical site
- Stores documents, files, reports, etc. in format and titled per
- Attend department meetings and committee meetings.
Specifically, this would involve Curriculum Committee and
- Evaluate employees and students assigned to supervise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- * Do you have at least 2 years of clinical experience in
- * Do you have an IL RN License?
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae