The Specialist provides excellent set-up services to all guests and
users of the Student Center (SC), SC Satellite, and other assigned
- Assists with set-up for scheduled events to occur within the SC
or SC Satellite facilities. This may include but not limited to
table and chair placement, audio-visual equipment and placement and
testing of any other equipment used.
- Responsible for or assists with all cleaning of meeting rooms
and special event spaces reserved for use. This includes but is not
limited to light custodial work in each space as needed, trash
removal, wiping and cleaning of table surfaces, furniture
placement, cleaning of floor surfaces, white erase boards, art
work, plant arrangements and interior windows as appropriate.
- Checks and replenishes supplies associated with room
- Monitors and adjusts room temperatures, door access and light
control functions of the assigned area of the event.
- Responsible for or assists in placement of printed room cards
for scheduled events.
- Assists with supervision of members of student Event Set-Up
Crew as well as provides direction for modifications of work
assignments as needed to accommodate event schedules. Provides
assistance in the training of the student Set-Up Crew.
- Participates in identifying and submitting items of concern
related to repairs and replacement of any room/space furnishings or
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 1 year experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly
Additional Job Posting Information:
Department is willing to accept education in lieu of