Adjunct Faculty - Inclusive Education Instructors - Supervisors of Field Experience
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 12, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Education Administration & Leadership, Other Education, Special Education, Teacher Education
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The College of Education is searching for qualified and experienced inclusive education specialists to supervise field experiences. This position requires on-site observations of Clinical Interns (student teachers) during school hours. A successful candidate is dual certified in elementary and special education (or Teacher of Students with Disabilities Endorsement). They will demonstrate a commitment to inclusive education and the ability to support teacher candidates through Clinical Practice (student teaching) while collaborating with Rowan faculty and school district faculty.
MISSION: The College of Education will be a leading force in preparing and supporting reflective practitioners who use education to transform our global society. By building a foundation of content and pedagogical knowledge, using technology to facilitate teaching and learning, valuing diversity with a commitment to social justice, and impacting P-12 student or client learning, we inform our practices and provide a foundation upon which learning evolves.
The Department of Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education offers a variety of opportunities for caring and dedicated undergraduate, post-baccalaureate and graduate students to pursue initial certification as early childhood or elementary teachers as well as an endorsement as a Teacher of Students with Disabilities. In addition, the department offers graduate programs that provide advanced study in curriculum and teaching, including the M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership, and the M.A. in Special Education program. The Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant program is also offered for students interested in pursuing post-master’s certification. The department is committed to fostering student growth as instructional leaders who have a developmental perspective, cooperative disposition, and reflective orientation and are committed to the principles of access, success, and equity for all students.
- Master's degree in education, special education, or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with special education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for special education and elementary
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience (pre-K-12 grade, K-6 preferred)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of inclusive education
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with pre-K-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in inclusive education
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with supervision
- Familiarity with teacher evaluation tools
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system:
All applications should include:
- a letter of application with a statement of teaching interests, experience with supervising/ mentoring other teachers
- curriculum vita/resume
- graduate transcripts
- 3-5 professional references (name, title, organization, email, phone number)
All positions are contingent upon the need for clinical supervisors in a given semester and budget appropriations.
For more information, contact: Alicia M. Drelick, Ed.D. (email@example.com)
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
Advertised: Oct 12 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert