Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; and provide service to
the College, University and Community.
Assignments will include teaching, at both undergraduate and/or
graduate levels, as applicable. Teaching assignments are online
using our learning management system. Additional duties may be
assigned by supervisor.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaches core or elective courses in the undergraduate and/or
graduate Health Science, Health Administration, and Public Health
programs, as applicable.
- Contributes to course and/or curriculum development
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (MHA, MPH, MBA, or related degree) with at
least 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- Two years of healthcare practice experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience teaching healthcare courses at the undergraduate
and/or graduate level.
- Five or more years of experience in the discipline.
- Experience with development and delivery of online
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.