Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Professor of Clinical Psychology
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Department of Psychology at Liberty University invites
applications for full-time, permanent faculty position to teach in
the Doctorate of Clinical Psychology (PysD) program.
1. Facilitating learning for psychology doctoral students,
including instructional design/delivery, and assessing student
2. Mentoring and advising psychology students in basic and applied
3. Conducting research in the faculty member’s area of
4. Serving as chairs/readers on thesis committees.
5. University and community service.
1. Ph.D. in Psychology or related degree with emphasis on research,
social psychology, or related course studies.
2. Academic and research experience (conducting and disseminating)
3. History of outstanding teaching and student mentorship.
4. Licensed in the State of Virginia.
1. A record of obtaining extramural funding for research.
2. Track record of publishing.
3. Facility in advanced statistical analyses.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during
this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all
conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required
should the department select you for an interview. In the
references section of the application, please submit the names of
two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your
pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
member. If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Career Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Teaching Philosophy
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).