3452 Spur 399, McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for candidates that meet the required
qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential
duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Institutional Research Office (IRO) in the collection,
processing, management and analysis of a variety of data sets for
internal and external institutional reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research, analyze various types of data, and produce
reports to support effective decision-making and policy formation
within the district.
- Collect, clean, and interpret data for internal consumption,
and for federal, state and/or other external agencies/organizations
- Extract, process, and submit data from/to various systems,
including, but not limited to, the Collin College Student
Information System, the Collin College Data Warehouse, the Texas
Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), and the Integrated
Post-secondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Collaborate with the Manager of External and Enrollment
Reporting to generate and validate state reports, federal reports,
and other designated external reports as needed.
- Collect and analyze data using software tools/packages as
- Produce and maintain documentation of data and finished
- Stay abreast of changes in laws, rules, policies, and
procedures. Maintain knowledge of current trends, events and
emerging issues. Identify information, programs, and resources
useful to IRO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical
- Basic knowledge of statistics, and the ability to understand
and analyze quantitative information
- Knowledge of federal and/or state reports and reporting
- Knowledge of R Programming
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience using statistical software such as SPSS, Stata,
- Experience working with SQL and extracting data from large
- Experience with Ellucian/Banner, Microsoft Power BI, SPSS, R,
Python, Oracle SQL Developer, Evisions Argos, and Tableau
- Experience with Workday cloud-based Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) system desired
- Ability to identify errors or inconsistencies in data
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and with
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from
unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment.
Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited
institution required with a minimum of three (3) credit hours in
statistics required. Master's degree from a regionally accredited
One (1) year of full-time related experience or equivalent
May substitute two (2) years of part-time related experience for
related experience requirement.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities
of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business
needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin
College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by