2200 W. University Drive, McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for candidates that meet the required
qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential
duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
campus-based student engagement programs. Collaborate with other
Student Engagement Specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and implementation of student programs
- Provide program support through product ordering, budget
reconciliation, tracking purchases, and contract negotiations.
- Track the finances for student organizations.
- Identify, develop and implement methods to market Student
Engagement initiatives to increase participation through the
creation of enhanced communications to include but not limited to
writing/editing documents, publications, letters, articles,
reports, website content, and social media.
- Serve as a facilitator and/or provide assistance in promoting,
scheduling and coordinating campus and Student Engagement
- Support daily office functions and operations including but not
limited to: student ID card production, office coverage, and
tracking lost and found.
- Assist with fitness centers and programming of
intramural/recreation sport activities.
- Interpret and implement college policies and procedures related
to student activities.
- Assist with supervision of student assistants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel between campuses to support student
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical
- Knowledge of Collin Board policies, college district
procedures, Student Code of Conduct and public relations
- Knowledge of campus and college district resources
- Knowledge of SAFAC funding
- Knowledge of OrgSync and student organization procedures
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Mentoring skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Budgetary skills
- Ability to stay current on higher education programs, trends
- Ability to perform at a high level of creativity and
adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of
- Ability to coordinate and delegate responsibilities
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to
20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching,
and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental
conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
One (1) year of experience in campus programming, student
organizations, student and enrollment services, campus residency,
or related higher education areas.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.*
Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications (American Red
Cross, American Heart Association, or nationally recognized
certification) OR must obtain within 60 days of employment.
*Individuals hired for this position may be required to drive a
company vehicle. A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be run in
conjunction with the background check during the contingent offer
stage and annually/bi-annually for the duration of employment at
Collin College. Candidates who fail the original background/MVR
report or subsequent MVR reports may not be hired and/or terminated
based on the results of the report.*
For internal applicants – An associate degree and three (3) years
of experience in campus programming, student organizations, student
and enrollment services, campus residency, or related higher
education areas may be substituted to meet the minimum
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities
of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business
needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin
College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by