Social Work Faculty and Program Director
Full Time Faculty
College of Arts and Sciences
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a dynamic Christian learning
community educating students for lives of service throughout
society, the marketplace, and the church. In keeping with its
Pentecostal heritage and mission, NCU models and expects excellence
in both academic practice and Christian faith.
We welcome applicants for a full-time Social Work Faculty and
Program Director. The person who fills this role will play an
active and engaged part in teaching, curriculum development,
assessment, and student advising within the BSW program at NCU.
(Application process: The deadline for first consideration is
October 30. Interviews may be held concurrently with the
advertising period. Position is open until filled.)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: FULL-TIME SOCIAL
WORK FACULTY RESPONSIBILITIES (75%)
- Teaching 9 credits of core social work courses and electives
- Providing academic advising for social work majors.
- Work collaboratively on departmental and university
- Regularly in professional development and scholarly
- Curriculum development and oversight, course planning, and
providing recommendations to the Department Chair regarding faculty
PROGRAM DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES (25%)
- Leading the ongoing accreditation process with CSWE, including
continuous review and assessment of the program to ensure
compliance with CSWE.
- Working with the Field Coordinator to develop partnerships with
local and regional agencies to identify appropriate placements for
- Overseeing student recruitment efforts and managing the
admissions process, including meeting with prospective students,
making admission decisions, and orientation of incoming
- Overseeing student progress and managing academic actions (i.e.
student review and student dismissal from program).
- Representing and advocating for the BSW program in the
Job qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- MSW from a CSWE-approved program
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-MSW experience in social work
- Minnesota Social Work license (LGSW, LISW or LICSW) or ability
to obtain at least LGSW status by September 1, 2022.
- A DSW or a PhD in Social Work
- Two years of teaching experience in higher education
- Demonstrated understanding of the 2015 CSWE EPAS standards and
experience with the CSWE accreditation process
- Established record of teaching effectiveness with diverse
Working conditions and frequency EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
Use of a PC and telephone, photocopier and facsimile machine
approximately 95% of the workday
Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists
on a daily basis
Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass
all functions and qualifications of the position;
rather, they are intended to provide a general framework
of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents
may be required to perform other functions not
specifically addressed in this job description.