The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
Supports the Program Director with administrative leadership for
aspects of program operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement strategies to achieve goals, both locally and across
the academic program that are consistent with the goals and
policies of the University
- Collect, prepare and furnish outcome data and relevant
information about the program as required by the University
- Participate, as requested, in Program Director Council to
contribute to the development and implementation of policies and
- Oversee and evaluate contributing faculty in areas related to
the professional program
- Supervise students of the program by dealing with student
issues such as complaints, appeals, and misconduct.
- Reduced teaching workload not to exceed 0.5 FTE
- Service and scholarly activities
- Participate in marketing activities and other activities as a
representative of the University
- Other duties as assigned by the program director
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
Position may require local driving and/or overnight travel to other
*A valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least
minimum liability insurance required by State.
May supervise faculty and/or student workers
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Academic Program Director
Contributing Faculty as
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrates excellent communication, time management and
organizational skills to faculty, students, outside
- Is able to work independently with numerous projects/tasks with
little or no supervision.
- Is able to work in a team environment and promote
- Models core values and takes an active role in enforcing
- Demonstrates effective interactions with University support
- Demonstrates the ability to manage change
- Has the ability to travel to off-site locations for marketing
and community/professional activities
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- State licensed (or eligible) therapist in academic program
- An advanced doctoral degree
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Prior entry-level therapy education teaching required; graduate
level education administration preferred
- Proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Experience with collaboration, facilitation, and team
- Current state license (or eligible) as a therapist in academic
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
Committed to Mission and Values - Has a clear understanding
of institution’s mission and values. Has a passion for facilitating
learning and for enabling students to navigate their own learning
Contribute Knowledge to the Discipline - Compelled by the
opportunity to contribute through research, scholarship
professional practice or creativity.
Accountable - Takes personal responsibility for own goals
and outcomes to ensure student success. Establishes clear
expectations, follows through on commitments to students and holds
them accountable for assignments and performance
Collaborative - Works cooperatively with others across the
institution and beyond, including the community and through
partnerships. Represents own interests while being inclusive and
fair to others.
Communicates Effectively - Adapts oral and written
communication approach and style to the audience and based on the
message. Also listens attentively to others.
Drives Engagement - Makes students feel welcome, understood
and valued. Creates a learning environment that is compelling,
challenging and productive.
Academic Discipline Expertise - Has sufficient credentials,
industry expertise and/or experience in the discipline to teach
according to the standards and qualifications required.
Education Design - Designs learning experiences closely
linked to learning outcomes including lesson planning, design of
project, work integrated, group learning experiences, or
interactive learning objects. Has depth of expertise in pedagogy,
andragogy and overall learning effectiveness.
Teaching Delivery/Learning Facilitation Skills - Manages
small, large, blended, hybrid and/or online classrooms, monitoring
and ensuring participation, managing one’s own and students' time
and attention effectively.
Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to
finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition
strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and
development of high potential talent.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national